Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
I love to serve a variety of appetizers when entertaining. Some of my favorite party snacks include stuffed mushrooms, fried pickles, and these cute little quiches.
Quiche is a classic recipe that never goes out of style. What is even better than quiche? Mini Quiche! These little snacks are always a big hit with both kids and adults, and they're easy to make, too.
How is mini quiche made?
This recipe starts with the store-bought pie crust, the kind that comes pre-rolled in a box. Unroll the cake crusts and cut circles from the crusts with a cookie cutter or jar lid. Press the crust circles into a mini can of muffins. Beat the eggs with cream and seasonings to make the filling of your quiche. Place your aromas like ham and cheese in the bottom of each muffin tin. Pour the egg mixture over the top, then bake until golden.
Tips for the perfect quiche
- You want your cake crust to cool or to be at room temperature. If the crust of the cake is too hot, it will be difficult to cut it.
- Be sure to cut your flavors into small pieces to make sure they fit into the mini muffin tins.
- Pre-cook the vegetables you will add to your quiche, otherwise they will leach water if cooked in the egg mixture and make your quiche watery.
- Feel free to garnish the finished quiches with chopped fresh herbs.
- Store quiche leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Mini quiche flavor variations
There are countless ways to customize these mini quiches to your liking. These are some of my favorite flavor combinations.
- Greek: Roasted Red Peppers, Chopped Cooked Spinach, Crumbled Feta Cheese and Chopped Fresh Dill.
- Mexican: cooked and minced chorizo, cheddar cheese, red and green peppers.
- Ham and Cheese: Diced smoked ham, Swiss cheese and sauteed onion.
- Bacon: cooked crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onion slices.
- Sausages: breakfast sausages, sauteed onions, red peppers.
- Mushrooms: sauteed mushrooms, mozzarella cheese.
Can you serve cold quiche?
Quiche can be served hot, cold, or at room temperature. I personally prefer to serve my quiche warm or at room temperature, just because I think puff pastry tastes better that way. That said, it is simply a matter of personal preference!
Can you freeze the quiche?
You can freeze these mini quiche in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Place the frozen quiche in a 325 degree F oven and cook until heated through, about 12-16 minutes.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Can you make mini quiche in advance?
You can prepare these quiche up to 3 days before planning to serve them. Store the quiche in a covered container in the refrigerator. Reheat in a 325 degree F oven until heated, about 8-10 minutes.
This recipe is a must for any special occasion. No one can resist these tasty bites of kindness!
More snacks to try
- Taco sauce
- baked brie cheese
- Shrimp with coconut
- Cajun shrimp dip
- Potato skins
Mini Quiche Video
This mini quiche recipe consists of cupcakes filled with eggs, cheese, meat and vegetables. An elegant snack or brunch option that can be customized in many different ways to suit your tastes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 50 minutes
Servings: 24 Calories: 52kcal
- 3 rounds of pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- Cooking spray
Coating options (each does enough to fill 8 muffin tins)
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach excess water removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
Ham and cheese
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 1/3 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cooked, minced bacon
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 24-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll the crusts and place them on a flat surface. Use a 3-inch cookie cutter to cut 12 circles from each crust.
- Press each pie crust circle into the holes in the muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the spinach, roasted peppers, feta cheese, and dill into 8 muffin tins.
Ham and cheese
- Divide the ham, cheese, and parsley among 8 muffin tins.
- Divide the bacon, cheese, and green onions among 8 muffin tins.
- Pour the egg mixture into each glass so that it is 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Use a spatula to remove the quiches from the pan. Serve immediately.
Calories :: 52kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 159 IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1 mg