Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Microwave pumpkin custard is the perfect way to enjoy a pumpkin dessert without having to turn on the oven. It tastes the same as pumpkin pie filling, but it's made with just a few ingredients in the microwave for a delicious no-fault delicacy.
Before leaving pumpkin season behind, I wanted to share a quicker, easier dessert that we actually eat year-round for dessert and sometimes even breakfast. It's quick, easy, and packed with healthy protein, fiber, and beta-carotene, not to mention that it's easily made with things I always have on hand. So what is this magic dessert? Microwave Pumpkin Custard – Basically a creamy and delicious baked pumpkin pie that prepares in 3 minutes in the microwave. Mmm
Now, while I really love this cream on its own, it's even better when you're creative with the ingredients. My choice is vanilla frozen yogurt since for me the pumpkin pie is better with a little ice cream on top. Whipped cream is a close second. When I take this for breakfast, I usually top it with vanilla yogurt, Siggi is the brand I use most often as it has less sugar than most yogurts. I will also sprinkle some melted pecan butter or sprinkle some walnuts on top. When I crave chocolate, I add a few chocolate sauces directly to the cream to make them delicious and syrupy. I've also heard from readers that they enjoy it with Graham crackers or cookie pieces to mimic a traditional crust.
Tips for making this microwave pumpkin custard:
- Every microwave is different, so you may need to experiment with this recipe multiple times to find out exactly how long it has been in your microwave. Generally, it will take 2.5-3.5 minutes to reaffirm.
- If you prefer to use egg whites, you can substitute two whole egg whites for the whole egg.
- Choosing a sweetener for this recipe depends on your needs and preferences. Stevia will give you the lower calorie option, but some people may prefer the taste of maple syrup or brown sugar. You may also need to adjust the sweetness level as desired. Since I usually take mine with something sweet like frozen yogurt or whipped cream, I find I don't need as much sweetness in the actual recipe.
- This can be cooked in a cup, bowl, or pan, really anything that is microwave safe. Just be sure to spray it first, or use parchment paper as it will stick to the sides.
Looking for healthier pumpkin recipes?
- Pumpkin cream cheese and light maple
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- Beer and pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin Pie with Oatmeal and Slow Cooker
- Microwave Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
These are some of the products that I used in this recipe:
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- If you're looking at this recipe and it's a time of year when pumpkin puree is hard to find, look online, where you can buy it year-round, and generally at a very competitive price.
Microwave Pumpkin Custard
PREPARATION TIME: 3 minutes COOKING TIME: 3 minutes TOTAL TIME: 6 minutes
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 U whole egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spices (more or less to taste)
- 1 packet of U Stevia (or 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, maple syrup + 1 SP, 20 calories)
Do you like this recipe? Try our meal plans!
- Weekly meal plans
- Easy shopping list
- Healthy, low carb and vegetarian
- Nutritional information and points
(Hide photos) 1
Combine all ingredients well in a small bowl.
Pour into a small cup or mold, sprayed with cooking spray.
Microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until firm.
Top with yogurt, low calorie, whipped cream, nuts, or a touch of honey.
pumpkin microwave custard