Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 avocado halved small
- 1/2 papaya cut into peeled segments
- 1 tender onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
In a small jar, mix together the dressing ingredients.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the corn and cook for 3 minutes. Drain the corn and brush with a small amount of dressing. Place in a preheated skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes, turning several times until the beans are slightly charred. Cut in four rounds.
Divide the ingredients into two bowls. Sprinkle with tender onion and sunflower seeds, and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
You can substitute fresh frozen corn kernels and simply sauté them with a teaspoon of dressing before adding them to the bowl.
If you like the sound of this recipe, you may also like this Poke Bowl.