Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1 tablespoon of peanut oil
- 4 large chicken thigh chops with cut skin
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cm finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 165 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 bunch of broccolini trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 long red chili, thinly sliced
- 4 servings of steamed brown rice * to serve
- 4 lime cheeks * to serve
Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion softens. Add spices. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, kecap peanuts, fish sauce, sugar, and 1/2 cup of water. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until smooth. Bring to a boil.
Return chicken to skillet, skin side up. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Top with broccolini. Cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes or until broccolini is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle with coriander and chili. Serve with steamed rice and lime cheeks.
This recipe was created by Cathie Lonnie for Super Food Ideas.