How to make macaroni with tuna. Pasta is always a safe bet and a recipe like today can save our food when we don't have much time to cook. In addition to being a dish that cooks in a few minutes, it is very interesting nutritionally speaking, since we combine the carbohydrates of pasta, the protein of fish and the minerals and vitamins of vegetables. An ideal way to eat a complete dish, simple and without the little ones of the house protesting.
The best thing about this recipe is that you are going to save a step of its preparation. We are not going to cook the pasta previously, since we are going to cook it with the sauce once we have it done. What also, to save time, will make us have a much tastier and juicier pasta. A different way of cooking it, which I guarantee you will repeat many more times.
Before starting with the recipe I wanted to comment on a question about the pasta to use. I have used macaroons, but you can make them with any short pasta that you like. They can be like in my case some macaroni, but you can also use rigatoni, fusilli, farfalle, etc … These macaroni with tuna are perfect to eat as is, but they are also an ideal dish for gratin with cheese or with a basic béchamel sauce
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150g zucchini
- 40g capers
- 400g tomato, crushed
- 200g macaroni
- oregano to taste
- 450g of water
- 120g tuna
- olive oil
Macaroni with tuna elaboration
- To start making the macaroni with tuna, chop the garlic very small.
- Then we do the same with the onion.
- And then we repeat the operation with the zucchini. It is not necessary to peel it. We must cut it into squares.
- Now, in a frying pan we are going to put olive oil.
- Afterwards and with the oil still cold, we will add the garlic and cook it over medium heat until it is slightly golden.
- At that time we add the onion, which we will cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. We must cook for approximately five minutes.
- We continue adding the zucchini and continue frying until everything is well cooked. This can take approximately 8-12 minutes.
- After this time, add the capers and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring to integrate with the rest of the ingredients.
- We continue putting the tomato in the pan and oregano to taste. Then we will cook for 10 more minutes or until when you taste the sauce, the tomato is done.
- Now is when the good thing comes from the recipe. We will add the pasta to the sauces and fry it for a couple of minutes while continuing to stir. It is very important not to stop stirring so that it does not stick.
- After this time we will add the water. In the recipe I have indicated the water that I use for that specific amount of pasta. But if you want more servings, the way to calculate the water in relation to the pasta is by measuring both ingredients in a cup. I mean, a cup of pasta, you need a cup of water, it's that simple.
- Once we add the water, cover the pan and cook for exactly the time indicated by the manufacturer of the pasta over medium heat. After half the time, we uncover and stir very carefully, especially to make sure that the pasta is not stuck to the pan. Cover and let cook the rest of the time with the covered pan.
- And then we can already serve them. They can be eaten as well or as I said at the beginning gratins with béchamel sauce or cheese. And you can already enjoy these delicious macaroni with tuna.
contribute to the maintenance of this website with a small donation