Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This lentil soup recipe is ideal for promoting healthy bowel movements, as it is full of fiber thanks to lentils and vegetables, water and magnesium in spinach.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 200 g spinach leaves
- 1 diced onion
- 4 pieces of striped bacon
- 120 g carrot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, seeded if you don't want the soup to be too spicy, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes with reduced salt
- 280 g rinsed red lentils
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and carrot. Cook over low to medium heat for 10 minutes until the onions have softened.
2. Add spices and cook 1 to 2 minutes more until aromas are released.
3. Pour 1.25 liters of boiling water, crush them in the bouillon cubes and add the lentils.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
4. Simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure lentils do not stick or overcook. Add the spinach leaves for the last 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, grill bacon until crisp, remove from heat, and remove excess oil with kitchen paper. Serve the lentil soup with a pinch of crispy bacon on top of each bowl.
The Crispy Bacon Lentil Soup first appeared in Motivation Weight Management.