Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
I think I'm in heaven with these bars! Obviously I am a citrus fanatic, if you haven't seen my various posts using limes, grapefruits and so on. So these bars are in my alley. My muffins always have streusel in them, which is another plus with these bars. GIRLS! And many of them! Crumbling, creamy and dreamy bars! This is a guardian!
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 * F. Butter and sugar cream.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the oatmeal and flour mixture to the butter / sugar mixture and combine. Make sure there are no pieces of butter.
- Press ½-3/4 mix at the bottom of an 8 × 11 pan (not 9 × 13) (there is a TON of crumb mixture, so I would recommend more than half pressed at the bottom b / c it gets dirty with a lot on top.)
- Mix together the condensed milk, the lemon juice and the zest. Spread over the bottom layer of the crumb mixture.
- Knead the remaining crumb mixture with your hands and crumble on top of the lemon layer, but do not press down or you can ruin the lemon filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let the pan rest for 30 minutes before cutting / serving. Delicious served cold from the fridge!
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 barsCreamLimónmiga