Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
How do you crush Oreos for lemon cookie balls?
There are two options: in the food processor or in a plastic bag. In the bowl of a food processor equipped with the blade attachment, press the Oreo cookies until they look like crumbs. This should be about 10-15 pulses.
If you are using a plastic bag, close the bag tightly and flatten it with a rolling pin until there are fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and continue with the following steps.
How to make lemon cookie balls
(This is a guide for visual learners. The full recipe with quantities is on the recipe card below!)
- Finely crush the Lemon Oreo cookies. You can do it in a food processor or by hand with a plastic bag and a rolling pin.
- Add cream cheese and mix to combine.
- Form balls and freeze 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave.
- Roll the frozen cookie balls in melted chocolate and decorate if desired. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Should the lemon cookie balls be refrigerated?
Yes, since they contain cream cheese. Once you have finished dipping the cookie balls in white chocolate, decorate as desired, place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and place them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set.
Once they are ready, transfer them to an airtight container or just cover them with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How long do lemongrass balls last in the fridge?
If kept in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap, the cookie balls will stay fresh for up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also store them in a plastic freezer bag in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Can Lemon Cookie Balls Be Made Ahead?
Yes! Since the cookie balls will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week, you can make them anytime during the week leading up to Easter. Or every time craving strikes!
Just be sure to remove them from the fridge 30 minutes before serving to remove the cold – the cookie balls will soften and taste better at room temperature.
How does white chocolate melt for dipping?
To melt white chocolate in a double boiler (the preferred method):
- Put an inch of water in a small saucepan and simmer.
- Add white chocolate in a bowl large enough to sit on top of the pot, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Stir frequently until the chocolate melts.
To melt white chocolate in the microwave:
- Add white chocolate into microwaveable bowl
- Heats to 50% power in 30 second intervals
- Stir between each interval, until melted.
Gentle heat is necessary for white chocolate, as it only contains cocoa butter, which means it tends to stick easily and become lumpy or grainy.
How do you prevent white chocolate from drying out?
The best way is to prevent white chocolate from overheating. To do this, remove the white chocolate bowl from the heat source when there are still a few small pieces of unmelted chocolate. If you keep stirring, the residual heat will eventually melt the remaining pieces of white chocolate into a silky smooth consistency.
What happens if white chocolate takes over?
Sometimes, seized chocolate can be saved by whisking in 1 tablespoon of butter or vegetable oil. If this doesn't work, simply reserve the chocolate for another recipe that incorporates melted chocolate into a dough, such as a cake or cookie, as it won't be soft enough to cover.
This lemon cracker ball recipe is inspired by seasonal lemon flavored Oreos. They are made like traditional Oreo cookie balls, but have a lighter, brighter flavor, like lemon cheesecake. These balls require only 3 ingredients, but the optional decorations will add a pop of color to your festive table! Cuisine: American Cooking time: 20 minutes Freezing time 10 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Servings: 36 biscuit balls Calories: 113kcal
- 15.25 ounces OREOS lemon curd 1 packet
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 20 ounces Ghirardelli white fusion wafers 2 packets
- In a food processor or by hand, crush the cookies finely. Add cream cheese and mix until evenly combined (filling should have a chocolate texture and appearance).
- Form 36 balls (1 inch). Freeze 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water (double boiler method) or melt in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments.
- With a spoon, carefully roll the cold balls into melted chocolate. Lay in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet or silicone mat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
Calories :: 113kcal
Ball Cookie Lemon Recipe