Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This honey balsamic leaf, chicken and bread roll is the perfect midnight dinner that is healthy, delicious and easy to make in a pan in less than 30 minutes! Perfect recipe for your Sunday prep too!
You know I LOVE some skillet meals and you guys definitely don't disappoint! I was inspired to do this with my herb maple and chicken balsamic recipe that my husband loves. And for love, he is OBSESSED. He asked for it (again) the other night and I was feeling super lazy, so I decided to chop some peppers and onions, toss them in a pan with the chicken, and drizzle them with this sauce. SO EASY. And very rich.
This recipe literally only takes 20 minutes and the sauce tastes great on vegetables. Feel free to use the vegetables you want! We were in the mood for some peppers and onions, but you could add broccoli, green beans, peas … really anything you want. There are no rules 😉 You should also add this recipe to your weekly meal preparation rotation because leftovers taste even better the next day!
This meal can also be easily prepared the night before. Just cut all the vegetables and chicken, prepare your sauce ahead of time, and store everything in the refrigerator until you're ready to assemble. Then when you get home, you can throw everything in your pan and put it in the oven!
I also get a lot of questions about which pans I use for my leafy meals and have found these pans to be fantastic! They're nice and big with extra thickness for durability and depth, so they can hold a lot of stuff. I also think the price is super reasonable for this quality too!
Being on maternity leave, even though I'm home all day, has been so busy with the baby that skillet meals have been a total lifesaver for the past few weeks. Usually, we have a ton of chicken (or fish) and vegetables on hand, so preparing these meals at night when you fall asleep is really easy and I can throw everything in the oven the next day!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other popular pan foods:
I hope you put fries on this chicken and balsamic veggies as fast as my husband did, and if you do, make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see all the yummy things you're eating!
Leaf Bread Honey Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow), cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and garlic over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and bring the sauce to a simmer, whisking occasionally, until the sauce is thick and bubbly. Get away from the heat.
- Spread the chicken and chopped vegetables on a baking sheet drizzled with a little cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of the sauce over the chicken and vegetables (reserving the other half for later) and stir to combine. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway, and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is well cooked.
- Sprinkle the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with fresh basil. Enjoy
Serving Size: 1½ cups • Calories: 208 • Fat: 3.3 g • Saturated Fat: 1 g • Carbs: 20.1 g • Fiber: 2.3 g • Protein: 24.3 g • Sugars: 14.3 g • WW Freestyle Points: 3