Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Keto Baked Spaghetti It is a common request around here and you will soon know why.
Go ahead and add this to your keto meal plan for the week! Plus, try this with our new Keto Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe for a complete meal.
I'll be honest, I'm really not a huge fan of spaghetti. Pasta has never been my thing.
However, I've been trying to find ways to make recipes similar to the ones my kids have always loved, so I knew I'd have to find a recipe for low carb keto baked spaghetti that they would love.
Before doing this, my children had never eaten spaghetti squash, and I think I had only eaten it once.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Neither of us was sure what to expect, but luckily we were all very impressed (yes, even me, the anti-spaghetti mom).
You could probably cut the sugar down on this by making your own pasta sauce, but I just don't have time for that.
We've been so busy lately that I had to settle for organic wild oat tomato basil pasta sauce (that variety has the fewest carbs, so be sure to look for it). I think this is a great way to trick kids and dads into eating vegetables when they honestly think they hate them.
My husband grew up thinking that the only vegetables were corn and potatoes, so he is seriously convinced.
Fortunately for me, a co-worker told him the day before he did this how amazing spaghetti squash is, so I wanted to try it (no, in case you were wondering, I didn't put the co-worker on it).
Keto Low Carb Baked Spaghetti Recipe:
Keto Baked Spaghetti
Delicious low carb baked spaghetti with squash as a substitute for noodles.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Time to cook: 40 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (cooked and drained)
- 4 cups spaghetti squash (cooked)
- 1 container of Organic Wild Oat Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese Frigo
- 3 1/2 cups low-moisture partially skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon organic wild oat chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoonful of oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and microwave for 5-10 minutes (until you can easily scrape everything off.
- After scraping the inside, remove the seeds and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, oregano, chili powder and garlic. Beat until well mixed.
- Place the ground beef in the bowl and fold the egg mixture.
- Roll the ground beef into meatballs and cook in a large skillet for 3-5 minutes per side
- Place the pasta sauce in a small hot pot
- Drizzle 9×13 baking dish with coconut oil and cover well
- Spread the spaghetti squash in the bottom of the pan and then spread the meatballs evenly (I made about 20 small meatballs).
- Top with Parmesan cheese and then hot pasta sauce and top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes
Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 Calories: 362 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 98mg Sodium: 633mg Net Carbs: 6g Fiber: 2g Protein : 30 g
Nutritional information for low carb baked spaghetti:
This is for 1 serving (about 1 cup)
Calories: 316 Total Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 850mg Potassium: 87mg Carbohydrates: 10g of dietary fiber = 3g of net carbohydrates = 7g Dietary fiber 3g Sugars: 5g (all from natural sources) Protein: 27g
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: low in carbohydrates, high in fat, moderate protein, no sugar (we only allow natural fruits, vegetables and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little raw stevia) and gluten-free. You can learn more about how we eat and how to calculate the amounts of macronutrients you need on a daily basis.
Spaghetti Oven Keto