Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 600 g trimmed lamb shank steaks
- 2 tablespoons of miso paste
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
- 150 g of green beans cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 peeled carrot cut into sticks
- 200g thick sliced Swiss brown mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 spring onions cut diagonally into thin slices
- 2 long red chillies * optional
Brush the fillets with half the miso paste, preheat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue and chargrill lamb for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest 5 minutes and cut.
Heat oil in a wok and sauté beans, carrots, and mushrooms until lightly colored. Add miso and 2 cups of water, noodles, and soy, and cook for 4-5 minutes until the noodles are hot.
Divide the noodles, vegetables, and soup into serving bowls.
Top the noodles with lamb slices, chives, and chili, if desired.
Instead of lamb shank steaks, you can buy a boneless lamb shank. Cut your own 'fillets' and cut the rest of the lamb shank for skewers or use it whole on the barbecue with a marinade.
There are many different types of miso paste, from sweet to soft and very salty. Try adding a script first and then add as you like.
Try udon or soba noodles and cook according to package directions.
If you like the sound of this recipe, you might also like this Asian Chicken and Ramen Noodle Soup.