Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Salad season is my favorite time of year. Not only are salad greens available, they're tastier and more affordable!
This Italian garden fennel salad was inspired by a recent visit to my local farmers market. At this time of year, the stalls are packed with all kinds of lettuce varieties, including green lettuce, red leaf, curly, and more.
To add crispness, texture, and fiber, I love adding thinly sliced fennel to my salads. Slightly sweet like licorice and crisp like celery, it adds a mild anise flavor that pairs perfectly with sweet tomatoes and spicy red onions.
To top it off, I love drizzling with a lemon and parmesan vinaigrette made with a few basic staples. You can whip the vinaigrette separately in a bowl, but I usually just add it to the salad before tossing it.
Your fork is waiting.
Italian garden salad with fennel
This quick and easy salad recipe is made with your favorite salad greens and crispy fennel, and then drizzled with a lemon and parmesan vinaigrette.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Preparation time: 10 minutes Total time 10 minutes
Servings4 Calories 129kcal
- 8 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 bulb fennel (thinly sliced (without core))
Lemon and Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the ingredients for your salad (lettuce through fennel) in a large bowl. To that bowl, add all the vinaigrette ingredients and mix well; serve immediately. Alternatively, you can beat the vinaigrette in a separate bowl and drizzle before serving.
Serving: 2 cups | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 374 mg | Potassium: 622 mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 8465IU | Vitamin C: 35.3mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Do you want more satisfying salad recipes? Head over to my Pinterest board!
With salad, fennel, italian garden