Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Pasta night is the best night in our house, not just for the kids (who are pasta fans) but for this busy working mom who is dealing with a quick and easy dinner during the week!
We always have a bag or three of DeLallo organic whole wheat pasta on hand, which means I'm never more than 15-20 minutes from a healthy pasta dinner. Packed with 7g of protein per serving, the whole grains in pasta will keep you satisfied longer by avoiding the typical post-pasta sugar crash.
We happened to have fusilli on hand, but any short cut pasta will work like penne or bowties.
To further enhance the flavor, I add fresh garlic, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and quartered artichokes to the mix.
Before serving, I mix the chicken paste with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. There is nothing easier or more delicious than that, is there?
Your fork is waiting.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Italian chicken pasta with artichokes
This easy and delicious Italian pasta recipe is filled with big chunks of chicken, tender artichoke hearts, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes Total time 20 minutes
Servings4 Calories 555kcal
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (any shortcut like fusilli, penne, bow ties, etc.)
- 1 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless cut into large pieces)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 13.75 ounces quarts artichoke (drained)
- 16 pieces of sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- Cook whole wheat pasta according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of the starchy cooking liquid for later.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken cubes with salt and pepper and add them to the hot skillet. Sauté chicken until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from pan with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add the white wine to the hot skillet to deglaze, using a wooden spoon to scrape up all the golden pieces. Add garlic to skillet and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds, before stirring artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and reserved chicken cubes.
- Mix the cooked pasta in the pot together with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and Parmesan cheese. If the pasta looks a bit dry, add a little of the reserved starchy cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste before stirring the basil before serving. Serve warm.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 35 g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 625 mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1190 IU | Vitamin C: 26.6mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 3.5mg
Want more delicious and healthy dinner ideas? Head over to my Pinterest board!