Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is a favorite classic! Prepare this creamy dish at home using the reliable Instant Pot for a quick meal with minimal cleaning! Watch the recipe video tutorial below and see how easy this dish is!
This is just one of the many recipes we can make using IP! For more recipes, you can read in my posts like Pumpkin Soup, Mongolian Beef, and Refried Beans.
Alfredo Chicken Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is a simple dish that you can prepare in minutes. Each noodle is perfectly covered in the creamy sauce that makes it so satisfying and heartwarming.
Did you know that this Italian dish is popularly called Alfredo in the United States but not in Italy? If you go to Italy and ask for it, just say fettuccine to the donkey.
Alfredo di Lelio popularized the dish in the early 1910s. Initially, it was only part of the rotation of his menu at home, but when he included it in his restaurant, it became popular with American actors who came to dinner.
Finally, some actors took his recipe to the United States and, to honor him, his name was Alfredo. Originally, it's just butter and parmesan pasta. But modern versions now involve meat, just like in this recipe where we cook it with chicken.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
It has a rich history because people love it, don't you think? So if you crave it, you can easily do it with this easy recipe at home, just like where it all started.
How to make instant baked chicken Alfredo:
- Prepare the chicken: Use the IP skip function for this. Once hot, add a little olive oil, then add the chicken pieces and cook until they are no longer pink.
- Add the base: Add butter and garlic. Once the butter has melted, add the stock and the heavy cream.
- Add the noodles: Immerse the fettuccines by pressing them. Close the lid and seal the IP.
- Cook: Manually set the timer to 6 minutes (or 7, if you want softer noodles), then release the natural pressure, which will take approximately 5 minutes. Release the pressure, being careful not to let the liquid out with the steam.
- To serve: Add the Parmesan and serve with your favorite bread and salad.
Which pasta is better to use for Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo?
Fettuccine is the traditional one, but it's so versatile that you can use spaghetti, linguine, or even penne in this recipe. Just choose anything you have, and it doesn't matter that much, as long as you use the dry ones without cooking.
How to make homemade Alfredo sauce?
Check out my recipe for Alfredo sauce on the site. Use it on noodles, casseroles, or even pizza.
Can I do it in advance?
You can choose to cook the chicken beforehand to shorten the process. Or, you can follow the storage instructions, then store it first, reheat, and serve later.
How to store:
- Refrigerate: It can stay well for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator as long as it is properly stored in airtight containers.
- Freeze: It can even be stored for up to 2 months, keep in freezer bags.
- Reheat: Defrost it first in the fridge. Then reheat in a deep frying pan on the stove. Cover the pan tightly so the steam is trapped, and the steam will heat it without adding heat to the bottom that could burn it. Monitor the temperature with a thermometer every 5 minutes, stirring each time. Then once it reaches 130 degrees Fahrenheit, lower the heat and continue stirring. Take it off the heat when it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, the temperature at which it is safe for consumption.
- To reheat while frozen: Heat for up to 55 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, and the medium should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep the plate well covered with aluminum foil, changing the paper halfway through reheating.
- Also, do this with shrimp or vegetables like broccoli or skip any meat if you like.
- If you want to clarify it, do not use the thick cream. Instead, add half and half while placing the cheese towards the end. It will be a little liquid, but you can add roux to thicken it.
- White mushrooms are a good addition to this dish.
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
: Servings: 4 servings Preparation time: 10 minutes Cook time: 7 minutes Total time: 22 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 10 ounces Fettuccine noodles (halved)
- 1 pound chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cups thick cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Select Skip on Instant Pot and high settings. Once you read Caliente, add olive oil, heat the oil and add the chicken bites, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, trying not to stir much.
- Add butter and minced garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock and thick cream.
- Add the fettuccine noodles over the entire surface and gently press down to dip as many noodles as possible.
- Close the lid, lock it, and set the steam release knob to the sealed position.
- Press the Pressure / Manual Cook button and select 6 minutes. After the cook cycle is complete, perform a 5-minute natural pressure release, after which manually release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid and stir the mixture well. It may be a little thick, but it will thicken.
- Add the grated Parmesan and stir to combine. If the sauce is very thin, just add a little more Parmesan cheese.
Calories 799 Carbohydrates: 58 Protein: 52 Fat: 39 Saturated fat: 13 Cholesterol: 170 Sodium: 1943 Potassium: 882 Fiber: two Sugar: 8 Vitamin A: 1069 Vitamin C: 10 Calcium: 624 Iron: two