Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Instant ground beef pasta – He speaks a little for himself, doesn't he? Creamy, cheesy, comforting and all the things you love in one dish, plus half the cooking time you normally need. And it's a great way to use those pantry staples!
For more amazing Instant Pot recipes, check out my popular posts for Instant Pot Chicken Marsala, Instant Pot Pot Roast and Potatoes, and Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos.
Who remembers Hamburger Helper? Show of hands? Although I can't see your hands, I know there are plenty right now. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's still something, I feel like I've seen it in the pasta / rice hallway.
Just add a package of ground beef with the sauce and noodle mix, and you're done. It is a really fantastic idea. But if you want to make a healthier version (without all the stable preservatives) or you haven't been able to go to the supermarket for a while, but you want to use that box of pasta and that package of ground beef, then this meat and pasta dish is just the thing. !
Also, I have made putting this dish on the table even easier using my Instant Pot. You can go from the shelf / refrigerator to the table in less than 30 minutes. And, this is a dish that your whole family will enjoy. That's what I call a dinner winner!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE INSTANT PASTA OF GROUND MEAT?
- Ground beef
- Minced garlic
- Italian blend seasoning or herbs de Provence
- Marinara sauce
- Meat broth
- Short, raw pasta noodles like shells, macaroni, penne, bow ties
- Onion powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Once you get all your ingredients together, it's time to make the meat and shells dish of your dream cheese dinner!
First, set up your pressure cooker to sauté. Drizzle with the oil, and then add the ground beef. Sauté the meat for about 4-5 minutes, breaking it while cooking. When it is completely browned, add the Italian seasoning or the Herbs de Provence and the garlic and sauté for another minute.
Transfer the ground beef and spice mixture to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
Then, add the marinara, water, broth, noodles, onion powder, and red pepper flakes to the pot and stir. Put the lid on the instant pot and lock it. Turn the vent valve to the "sealed" position.
Set the pot to Pressure Cook or Manual for 8 minutes. When the 8 minutes have elapsed, perform a quick release and remove the cap when the float valve drops or steam is completely out of the valve cover.
Add the ground beef mixture and cheese. When the cheese melts, salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley, basil, or thyme if desired and serve.
HOW CAN YOU CUSTOMIZE IT?
The other great thing about this dish is that it can be customized to your liking. Here are some ideas on how to change this Instant Pot pasta and meat dish.
- If you don't have or don't like ground beef, you can use any other ground beef, like turkey or chicken, if you like.
- To make the dish hotter, consider using ground Italian sausage instead of ground meat. Follow the instructions as directed.
- To get a little more nutrients, add frozen peas or corn or both during step 3.
- If you want to make this vegetarian, trade the beef broth for vegetable broth and consider adding beans instead of meat. Sauté the garlic and spices with the beans, remove them to keep them warm (as you would the meat), and transfer them again during step 7.
- Add onions and sauté with garlic.
- Instead of marinara sauce, use a homemade (or store-bought) Alfredo sauce.
- Change spices from Italian to Mexican by substituting cumin and chili powder for Italian seasonings and swapping cheddar for mozzarella.
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE THE BEST PASTA OF GROUND MEAT
- Using smaller pasta works better. If you want to use spaghetti, be sure to divide it into smaller pieces first.
- You must cook the meat first and remove it before cooking the pasta in the instant pot, otherwise the ground meat will absorb too much liquid and leave you with a hard paste, or it will be all together and not too appetizing
- If you don't have garlic to nibble on, you can use the jarred garlic or I've even seen frozen cubes.
- If you lack broth, you can make yours with buckets of water and ingots. Just follow the instructions on the box / bucket jar / broth you have at home. Chicken, beef, or even vegetable bars will work!
- Make sure to ventilate the instant pot right away and don't let it self-vent or the pasta will become too soft.
Instant ground beef pasta
Instant Pot Ground Beef and Shells: It speaks for itself a bit, right? Creamy, cheesy, comforting and all the things you love on one plate, plus half the cooking time you would normally need. And it's a great way to use those pantry staples!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons Italian mix seasoning OR Provence Herbs
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 16 ounces / 1 lb short raw pasta noodles like shells, macaroni, penne, bow ties
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Set your pressure cooker to sauté. Drizzle with oil, then add the ground beef and sauté for 4-5 minutes, splitting the meat into pieces as it cooks, until golden brown.
Add the Italian seasoning and garlic for 1 more minute. Transfer the ground beef to a bowl and cover well to keep warm.
Add marinara, water, broth, noodles, onion powder, and red pepper flakes (if used) to the pot and stir well.
Place the lid on the pot and slide it to the locked position and turn the vent valve to the sealed position.
Set to PRESSURE COOKING or MANUAL for 8 minutes.
Do a QUICK RELEASE (immediately turn the vent valve to the VENT position) and remove the cap once the float valve drops.
Add ground beef and mozzarella cheese. Once the cheese is melted and incorporated, add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with fresh parsley, basil, or thyme if desired and serve.
Meat Installed Ground Pasta