Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Instant Corn Soup with Bacon Recipe – delicious soup made in a pressure cooker. This rich, creamy soup is filled with fresh corn, potatoes, and crispy bacon.
If you like hearty soups, you should also try my ham potato soup. My Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is another great way to enjoy corn!
INSTANT CORN POWDER WITH BACON
One of our favorite summer soups to make is corn chowder. It is creamy, satisfying and full of flavor. Especially since I do it in my pressure cooker. If you have an instant pot and never tried to cook soup, you have to! You will love it! The flavors are as intense as if the soup was boiling on the stove for hours, when in reality it takes less than 30 minutes to do so from the moment you cut the corn from the cob. Also, there is bacon involved and that is always a good thing. I love the meaty flavor it adds to this soup.
Cooking the bacon in the pot first creates a base for this delicious soup. I also add the fresh corn to the vegetables to sauté before closing the lid to let it caramelize a bit. All of these flavors make this instant corn chowder one of the best I've ever tasted!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
How to make instant corn soup?
- Start by heating the instant pot in the stir fry setting. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and place on a plate.
- Sauté the garlic and onion in bacon fat. Add the corn kernels and sauté for a few minutes. Press the "cancel / turn off" button to disable the skip setting.
- Add the remaining ingredients, along with half the bacon. Close the lid, press the "manual" or "pressure cook" settings and set the timer to 10 minutes. Once done, let the pressure cooker release the pressure for 5 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Add the beaten cornstarch with half and half and stir in the soup. Let it sit for 10 minutes. If the soup is not as thick as you like, remove 2 cups and mix the rest with an immersion blender.
Fresh corn vs. frozen corn
I buy fresh corn on the cob at ALDI. The package comes with 4 ears and I used them all in this recipe. The amount of time the soup cooks in the pressure cooker allows the corn to cook but does not become mushy and completely decompose. It has its texture and you can still enjoy the fresh taste of corn. You can also use canned (drained and rinsed) or frozen corn without adjusting the time. It only takes for the potatoes to cook.
How to thicken instant corn chowder?
If you like the softer-textured soup, you can put two cups in a bowl and mix the rest in the pot with an immersion blender. Add reserved soup again and enjoy.
Take a look at me Instant pot guide for beginners, packed with all the information you need to get started with your new device.
More easy Instant Pot recipes:
Instant mashed potatoes
Instant corn on the cob
Instant broccoli and cheddar cheese soup
Overview of Instant Pot Soup Recipes (All in One Place)
If you like this recipe and do it, take a photo and share it INSTAGRAM! Tag me @RecetasLatinas So i can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Instant corn chowder with bacon
Time to cook
Instant corn soup with bacon recipe: delicious soup made in a pressure cooker. This rich, creamy soup is filled with fresh corn, potatoes, and crispy bacon.
Keyword: corn soup, instant pot, instant pot soup
Servings: 6 people
Calories: 308 kcal
- 4 ears of corn cob
- 4 slices of minced bacon
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 red potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock or water
- 1.5 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Turn on the pressure cooker. Press the SAUTE button. Wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up. Add minced bacon. Cook until almost everything is crispy. Remove on a plate.
- Add garlic and onion to the pot with bacon fat. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Add to the pot with onion. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Press the OFF button on Instant Pot.
Add potatoes, water, stock, and half of cooked bacon. Spice with salt and pepper. Close the lid, adjust to the sealing position. Press the MANUAL button and set the timer to 10 minutes. The pressure cooker will start cooking. It will take a few minutes to press.
- When the instant pot is finished, a beep will sound. Click on the OFF button. Let the pressure cooker naturally release the pressure for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix half and half and cornstarch. Quick release pressure. Add half and half to the pot and stir. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve the fish soup garnished with reserved bacon and chopped parsley.
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days. You can use canned corn (drained and rinsed) in this recipe. You do not have to adjust the cooking time. Potatoes need to be cooked. The smaller the diced potatoes, the faster they will cook. Do not cut them too small.
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 With Instant Corn Recipe Sopathocino