Immune-Enhancing smoothies is packed with good-for-you ingredients that are packed with antioxidants. They help your body fight disease and stay healthy. Orange, mango, banana, yogurt, carrot and spices blend together to create a delicious smoothie to help you feel good.
Continue to fuel your body with nutrients by making this popular green smoothie recipe or this strawberry banana smoothie.
Immune-boosting smoothies work to nourish and protect your body from the inside out by blending antioxidant-packed and vitamin-enhanced ingredients together.
And before you think it's a smoothie, drink with your nose plugged, I'll tell you that my kids have had it almost every day this week and have been the ones who requested it! Who says you can’t have a super flavorful smoothie while also filling it with great ingredients ?!
Ingredients in immune boosting smoothies
- Frozen banana: The banana gives these smoothies sweetness and a good creamy, thick texture.
- Clementine: We add lots of vitamin C and a honey-sweet flavor.
- Mango bunker: Also, vitamins and minerals-packed ingredients create a thick, creamy texture.
- Orange juice: Usually, smoothies have milk as the liquid base, but to boost the immune system we use orange juice that is packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Carrot: There are so many immune boosting benefits of adding carrots to these smoothies; read up on them here.
- Greek yogurt: Yogurt adds smoothies to a creaminess and also adds a lot of protein so smoothies have more staying power (will keep you fuller for longer).
- ginger: A powerful antioxidant that has been shown to naturally boost the immune system.
- turmeric: A natural way to help boost the immune system by boosting your body's antibody formation. Adding extra turmeric during periods of stress or flu season helps give the immune system a little boost (source).
- Ice: Ice cream keeps immune-boosting smoothies nice and cold as well as super thick.
I know: How complicated can it be to make an immune boosting smoothie, right? But I still have a few tips.
- Good ripe bananas makes all the difference in these smoothies. Freeze the bananas when ripe and use only when completely frozen. Add to the blender and see how creamy they get!
- If necessary, add a little honey or maple syrup to sweeten smoothies. I've found a really good and ripe banana, plus good flavored Greek yogurt, it doesn't need the extra sweetener – but it can vary. So give your smoothies a quick taste and add a teaspoon or two as needed.
- The use good greek yogurt. The yogurt really matters. It gives incredible creaminess and flavor. Our absolute favorite yogurt for use in these smoothies is Greek Gods® honey vanilla yogurt. (Not sponsored, just fan). Whatever brand you get, strive for a vanilla or yogurt flavored, not just plain.
Immune Boosting Smoothie
These Immune-Enhancing smoothies is packed with good-for-you ingredients that are packed with antioxidants to help your body fight disease. Orange, mango, banana, yogurt, carrot and spices blend together to create a delicious smoothie to help you feel good.
Course: Breakfast, Snack
Keywords: immune boosting smoothie
Servings: 2 smoothies
Calories: 137 kcal
- 1 medium frozen banana, cut into coins and frozen the night before
- 2 clementines
- 1 cup of frozen mangobits
- 1/2 cup honey vanilla Greek yogurt (I recommend Greek god's)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped (~ 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- 8 ice cubes
MIX: Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and there are no pieces of fruit left. Divide evenly between 2 glasses. Enjoy immediately.