Hummus Flatbread Pizza. A quick, light and easy dish perfect for lunch, appetizer or snack. Naan bread topped with hummus, spinach, tomatoes, artichokes, toasted chickpeas and sprinkled with crumbled feta.
I am an official ambassador for Tom Thumb who gave me compensation for my time. As always, all statements expressed in this post are mine. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that support House of Yumm <3
New Year's resolutions anyone? I'm all for it. Especially the decisions that involve being healthier! And to make it easier to eat healthy in the new year, Tom Thumb and this flatbread pizza are there for you! With hundreds of ISLAND Organics® products you can choose from are sure to find something to satisfy. There are opportunities for everyone. Sweet and tasty.
Some highlights of this Hummus Flatbread Pizza:
- Buying premade Naan makes this SUPER easy to throw together. I could find some in the deli section of the market, I used the Tom Thumb Signature brand.
- Surfaces galore. You can really mix what you want to use to fill your pizza. I went with a spread of ISLAND Organic traditional humus because .. yum. And one ISLAND Organic half and half salad mix, some tomatoes, olives, red onion, artichokes and feta. Plus the toasted chickpeas for a bit of crunch!
- Roasted chickpeas. Not required. It takes a while to fry them. If you skip that step, you can toss this hummus flatbread pizza together in about 11 minutes, 10 of which heat the naan bread. And if you wonder, chickpeas and garbanzos are the same. The cans in my area are labeled garbanzos. So when you shop, just know that both will work the same!
- Quick and Easy! This is perfect as a lunch or snack or even a light dinner!
The line of ISLAND Organics are available exclusively in my area at Albertsons and Tom Thumb. Which is perfect as Tom Thumb is just down the street from us and I know I've told you before, but I visit that store several times a week. And one thing I love is the affordability of it ISLAND Organic line. With 5 kids, it can be pretty hard not to go past our grocery budget. So it's great to be able to meet our budget and still get organic groceries.
I buy mine ISLAND Organics and Open Nature® products at my local Albertsons and Tom Thumb, but you can also find them in all stores from the Albertsons Companies family, including ACME Markets, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Shaw & # 39; s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs / Safeway. Visit Albertsons.com and TomThumb.com to find a store near you and find more tips for meals and recipe recipes.
More easier settings:
- 1 Naan bread
- 1 teaspoon Organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp O Organic hummus
- ¼ cup O Organics Half and Half Salad Mix
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- Red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup of garlic roasted chickpeas, instructions below
Garlic roasted chickpeas
- 1 (14 ounce) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Garlic roasted chickpeas
Preheat the oven to 425 ℉. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Rinse and drain the garbanzo beans. Spread out and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove any skins that come out. There is no need to remove them all.
Put beans in a small bowl or a large re-open plastic bag.
Sprinkle with ISLAND Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Shake or stir to combine.
Spread out on the small baking sheet. Keep them together to prevent burns, but keep them in a single layer to ensure crispness.
Bake for 25-30 minutes with stirring every 10 minutes to make sure all sides are crisp and not burning.
Calories: 259 kcal, carbohydrates: 32 g, protein: 9 g, fat: 11 g, saturated fat: 1 g, cholesterol: 5 mg, sodium: 505 mg, fiber: 3 g, sugar: 5g
House of Yumm is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide us with a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.