Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Crab sauce It's one of the best hot snacks, perfect for parties! Made with baked crabmeat on a cream cheese base with cheddar cheese, green onion, and everyone's favorite seafood seasoning, Old Bay.
This crab sauce is a party favorite along with the spinach and artichoke sauce and jalapeño sauce. Serve it with bread or crackers (or vegetables to keep it low in carbs)!
What is in the crab sauce?
The crab sauce is made with creamy and cheesy ingredients. This crab sauce is the party favorite!
- Bulk crab meat: It is soft, tender and sweet. I would suggest a crabmeat that can be canned, frozen, or even found fresh at the seafood counter.
- Cheese: I love the touch of cheddar cheese with crab in this recipe, substitute your favorite cheeses such as mozzarella or monterey jack.
- Creamy base: Cream cheese and sour cream get incredibly fluffy when you put them together, giving this sauce an amazing texture!
- Condiments: Old Bay Seasoning is the perfect complement to almost any seafood dish.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
How to make crab sauce
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise with seasonings until fluffy. Using a hand mixer makes dipping easier to remove.
- Add the green onions, gently fold the crab and half the cheese. Be careful to be nice and not break the crab too much.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake until hot and cheese melts!
Serve with crackers, bread or vegetables and enjoy!
Crab sauce additions
- Add some scripts for hot sauce, some jalapeños or a little buffalo sauce.
- Add a cup of thawed corn kernels to make this a corn crab sauce
- Add Fresh herbs of your choice, parsley, coriander, or dill are excellent additions.
Try offering a variety of crackers or bread for dipping, such as rye brown bread, melba, won-ton wrappers, pretzels, or tortilla chips. This sauce will taste amazing with just about anything you have on hand to bring to your mouth. (You could actually eat it with a spoon.)
How to reheat it
To advance: By doing this in advance, it should be well in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking.
To reheat: Put it in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or you can try microwave individual portions for about 10-30 seconds, checking at intervals.
Delicious party sauces
Crab sauce with hot cheese
Cook time 15 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
Crab Dip is one of the best hot snacks, perfect for parties!
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoonful of Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt or to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- baguette to serve
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, old bay, seasoned salt, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix on medium speed until fluffy.
Add green onions, crab meat, and half the cheddar cheese. Gently fold until incorporated.
Spread in a 1.5 qt (8 × 8) baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake 15-20 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
Serve with toasted baguette.
Calories 210, Fat: 17g, Saturated fat: 9gCholesterol 62mgSodium 621mgPotassium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 11gVitamin A: 597%, Vitamin C: 3%Calcium 161%, Iron: 1%
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and ingredient brands used.)
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 CalientecangrejocursiSalsa