How to make homemade loaf of bread Making bread at home may seem complicated, but it really is just a matter of choosing the most suitable recipe for the knowledge and resources at hand. With this simple gesture and following the instructions of the recipe in question, making bread does not have to be complicated and this homemade bread stick recipe is the perfect sample of what I am talking about. In a few minutes and with really simple ingredients you can turn your kitchens into a real bakery workshop.
With the amounts that I indicate you get a very beautiful loaf of village bread or two smaller ones. For me it is more comfortable to make two, since this homemade bread lasts in perfect conditions for two or three days and in this way, the bread dries less. If you choose to make a round loaf, it will also be great. Another very simple option that you can make at home in just a few minutes is my loaf of bread recipe without rest, which is also very simple and is a delicious homemade bread.
Homemade bread ingredients
- 400g strength flour
- 200 ml of warm water
- 7g freeze-dried -'s yeast
- 30 ml of oil
- 5 g white sugar
- 8 g of salt
Elaboration of the bars
- To start making the dough for the loaf of bread recipe we are going to make a preferment. For this we will put in a bowl three or four tablespoons of the flour that we must have previously weighed. To this we add the yeast, the 5 grams of sugar and more or less half of the water and stir with the help of a spoon and let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- After this time we put the flour in a bowl. We make a volcano and in the center of it we add all the ingredients including the preferment, except the salt that we will put on one side.
- Now we knead until we get a smooth and elastic dough. We can do it with the kneading hook, in a kneading robot or by hand. Since it is a very easy to handle dough. Obviously by hand it will cost us a little more, but the result will be exactly the same.
- Next we will form a ball with the dough and put it in a lightly oiled bowl. We cover it with a kitchen cloth or with plastic wrap and let it rest in a warm place for at least 60 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Once the time of the first leaven has elapsed, we dump the dough on the worktable and degas it.
- We form a ball again and cut it in half, ensuring that we have two equal parts. If you decide to make a single loaf of bread, skip this step, since you don't have to divide the dough.
- This is the time to shape our bread. To do this we first have to make a rectangle with the dough. We will continue rolling it on itself, at the same time we have to press with our fingers to seal the dough. In this way we will have a much fluffier bread.
- Then we are going to roll the dough on itself, from the center out, to give it the characteristic shape of a loaf of bread. We only have to put the two ends inward.
- When we finish shaping the two bars, we put them on a previously lined baking sheet. It is important to leave a good separation distance, so that when lifting they do not stick together. Cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen cloth and again let the dough rise for at least 90 minutes.
- After this time, with a sharp knife or a knife, we will make three cuts to each loaf of bread. We can make them as you see in the image or a single longitudinal cut, this is a matter of taste. To give them a more rustic appearance, sprinkle a little flour.
- Now we are going to preheat the oven to 200º C with heat below. In the lower part of the oven we will put a container (pyrex, steel, etc …) with water. In this way we will create the necessary steam and humidity to bake bread.
- When the oven is hot, put the bread in and bake for 30 to 38 minutes. Remember that this will depend on the power of each oven, so it is advisable to constantly monitor it. During baking it is very interesting to spray water on the oven walls, as this will give us a much crispier crust.
- After this time we remove from the oven and let them cool on a rack. And now you can enjoy a delicious and homemade loaf of bread.
contribute to the maintenance of this website with a small donation