Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This classic homemade Mojito is a refreshing drink best enjoyed on a hot summer's eve.
Uh, the week we've had! I feel like taking down one of these guys to put it back together! I have been in the car for the past 4 days driving my parents from home, back home, to the airport, to a wedding in Croatia and back home. Man, I'm sick of the car, and waiting at the border for 45 minutes was pure torture while driving without coffee, without sleep, and with quite a hangover. The wedding was epic, the next day not so much.
So Mitja and I are not really great with drinks. Generally we do not consume soft drinks, but occasionally we will have a beer or a glass of wine. Mainly, we drink running water. The older we get, the harder it is to tolerate alcohol and the easier we get drunk and have a hangover the next day.
We also don't drink fruit drinks (unless a smoothie for food), but sometimes, just occasionally on a special day, we splurge on something fancy. Like this classic homemade Mojito with mint, lime, white rum, just a little sugar and soda water. Simple, fast and classic.
I had never had a mojito, until our vacation in Tenerife, Spain last year (that was epic!), And lately, I've had a craving, so I splurged and bought some Ron Bacardi White just for the sole. purpose of making me a mojito. Because it's summer, I miss the holidays and wanted to do it.
This classic homemade Mojito is for all of us who have no idea how to make a fancy cocktail, have no special cocktail equipment, and really want a decent drink.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Homemade Classic Mojito
Performance: 2 Preparation time: 10 minutes Total time: 10 minutes
This classic homemade Mojito is a refreshing summer drink that uses fresh mint, lime, and white rum.
- 20 mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 100 milliliters of white rum
- 80 milliliters of carbonated water
- crushed ice
- Cut the file into small pieces (about 6-8). Put half of the mint leaves, half of the lemon slices and one teaspoon of brown sugar in each glass. With a spoon or pestle or other mace-shaped object, crush the mint leaves and lemon wedges and combine with sugar.
- Add crushed ice to the glass and pour the rum over the ice (half the measure in each glass). Add carbonated water and stir. Try the mojito and adjust the rum or sugar content as needed.
- To make crushed ice: I froze the water in ice cubes, then put the ice cubes in my kitchen blender and tapped it a few times until I got some crushed ice and a few larger chunks. No need to be fancy, just put it there.
Calories: 130.37 Total Fat: 0.07 g Saturated Fat: 0.01 g Sodium: 10.54 mg Carbohydrates: 6.55 g Fiber: 0.98 g Sugar: 3.48 g Protein: 0.26 g
Do you like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using @RecetasLatinas and tag us @RecetasLatinas.
You can connect with us on our Instagram and Facebook account or on Pinterest. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter and keep up to date with our latest recipes 😉