Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This is probably one of my children's favorite foods. I mean they could eat this for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner.
Along with pancakes, pizza and pb & j. My children are normal, right?
This is also a favorite reader! It's one of the best country cravings recipes! Some other reader favorites are these homemade chewy brownies, crispy oven-fried chicken drumsticks, and Irish soda bread.
Quick and easy recipe for ground beef
I love that this meal is ready in 30 minutes and only requires a few basic foods. Some other favorites of ours are this Easy Ground Beef and Broccoli, Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup and One Pot Pizza Pasta.
I've never been a fan of boxed stuff, it's too salty and packed with ingredients I didn't even know existed.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
I hate buying things that have an unpronounceable ingredient list.
Honestly, this homemade version is just as easy and quick. Of course, you may have to open some additional things or cut some additional vegetables.
But I'm telling you, it's worth it!
Perfect for picky eaters!
Do you have fussy eaters who need to eat more vegetables?
Chop up some very small zucchini and add it to the burger. Or add some frozen peas, finely chopped carrot, whatever you have on hand that you need to disguise.
I do this all the time with my children and they hardly notice it, especially if the vegetables are the same color as the rest of the plate.
Complete the camouflage and I love it!
Ingredients for Hamburger Helper:
- Ground beef: can also be substituted with ground turkey
- Spices: paprika, parsley, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
- Milk: feel free to use broth if you don't have milk on hand
- Meat broth: you can also use chicken broth if you prefer
- Macaroni: or replace it with a similar paste
- Cheddar cheese: Better to grate your own cheese. Pre-crushed are coated with anti-caking agents and don't melt too. I'm a fan of Tillamook cheese and it's perfect for this dish!
What to Serve with Homemade Burger Helper
- Simple side salad
- Bread and butter
- Butter biscuits
- Simple roasted green beans
- or this creamy lime fruit salad
My husband even loves this homemade burger helper! I love being able to strain some vegetables for him to eat as well.
Shhhh, don't tell him! 😉 So if you need some dinner inspo… you should try this recipe. It's fast, easy, and it's a one pot meal … it doesn't get any better than that !!
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for my latest updates!
Homemade hamburger assistant Preparation time 5 minutes Cooking time 20 minutes Total time 25 minutes
Servings: 6 Calories: 479 kcal: Ingredients
- 1 pound (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoonful of garlic powder
- pinch 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups (355 ml) milk
- 1½ cups (355 ml) beef broth
- 2 cups (260 g) elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can (8oz) (227 g) tomato sauce
- 2 cups (225 g) grated cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground meat, onion, paprika, parsley, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. If you use a higher fat ground beef, add the seasonings after draining the fat.
- Add milk, broth, macaroni, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add cheddar cheese until melted.
- If you use a whole wheat elbow paste, you may need to add more liquid while cooking.
- This recipe is for elbow paste if you use another type of paste that you may need to adjust the liquids.
- Nutritional information: Since different ingredient brands have different nutritional information, the information displayed is only an estimate.
What to serve with this homemade hamburger helper:
- Steamed vegetables of choice
- Simple side salad
- Fresh fruit of choice
- Or bread with butter