Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This homemade banana cheesecake with cream cheese frosting is incredibly moist and delicious. It is very easy to make from scratch with overripe bananas. Everyone will find it to be a tasty dessert.
Homemade Banana Tart
I am a fan of banana recipes. I make our Easy Banana Cream Pie so often. When I have overripe bananas, I'll make an easy banana loaf or CopyCat Starbucks banana walnut loaf. But, most of the time, this homemade banana cake is because it is a family favorite.
I keep bananas on my counter because my family eats them more than any other fruit I can offer them. Sometimes they are eaten right away, but I often buy in excess. If you're like me and hate to see overripe bananas thrown in the trash, I encourage you to make this homemade banana cake.
This banana cake is moist and fluffy every time I make it. Most people who try it ask for the recipe. The cakes are great for feeding a crowd and most of our guests will treat themselves or two. It is very easy to make a cake in a 9X13 pan and then cut it into small pieces to serve at a big party.
For this banana cake recipe, I like to complete it with my favorite cream cheese frosting. It's the same thing I use for my homemade pumpkin pie. From scratch, frosting is always better than store-bought frosting. If you are short on time, feel free to use store bought, it will still be an amazing cake. If you prefer a buttercream frosting, I think it would be super tasty too!
Ingredients needed to make homemade banana cake
- overripe bananas
- brown sugar
- sodium bicarbonate
- powdered sugar
How to make banana cake
First, go ahead, set your oven to 350 degrees. Then grease and flour a 9X13 cake pan. I keep shortening by hand to cover my cake pans. Always prevent my homemade cakes from sticking.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
In a small bowl, you will want to use a fork to puree your banana. Then set it aside when you make the rest of the cake.
In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Next, it will give you a nice smoothie so that all the dry ingredients combine well. Then put this bowl aside too!
For this step, you must combine milk and lemon juice. Then set it aside until needed later in the recipe.
In a very large bowl, now is the time to combine the sugars, eggs, and butter. Beat this very well until light and fluffy.
A stand mixer or hand mixer will work for this step.
Then, alternate between adding the flour and then the milk, mixing with a spatula.
We do not want the mixture to be overcome. If you beat your cake, it won't bake evenly.
For this step, fold the overripe banana that was previously broken with the fork. If I have chopped nuts in my pantry, I will add them during this step. Walnuts or even raisins are a great addition, but definitely not necessary.
Lastly, we add our mix to our prepared skillet. Then, in the oven, it lasts about 50-55 minutes. Cooking time may vary from oven to oven. Remove the cake from the oven when a toothpick is inserted in the center and it comes out clean.
After the cake has cooled down a bit, I put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes or so before adding my frosting.
If you're looking for other banana recipes, be sure to check out these others I've shared:
- Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole – an ideal breakfast dish for festive lunches and breakfasts!
- Easy Banana Pudding – A classic recipe made simply.
- The best fried plantains: a fun and tasty dessert.
Banana tart with cream cheese frosting
This homemade banana cheesecake with cream cheese frosting is incredibly moist. It is very easy to make from scratch with overripe bananas. Everyone will find it delicious. Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 9 × 13 "baking sheet. Reservation.
- Mash 3 medium bananas in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine milk and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk until fluffy.
- Alternately add servings of the milk and flour mixture, stirring each to combine.
- Fold in mashed bananas.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared skillet.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and then place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until well mixed.
- Slowly beat the powdered sugar.
- Spread the frosting on the cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.