Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
The best healthy blizzard for cookie dough
Yes, you are not dreaming, this is really my friends. There is a healthier cookie dough storm. I shared this recipe a long time ago and it definitely deserved a return to the limelight, as it's incredibly delicious and packed with protein, healthy fats, gluten-free, and plant-based. With a mix of wholesome, wholesome, unrefined ingredients good for you, combined with a pinch of nutrition in love kitch, this 'Blizzard' of healthy cookie dough protein (…) can be made at home and enjoyed in 15 minutes. .
If you are not familiar with what a "snowstorm" is, let me enlighten you! A Snowstorm is a famous ice cream dessert from a well-known fast food chain that is made with super thick chocolate or vanilla ice cream that is loaded with popular goodies like cookie dough, Oreo, brownies, Skor sweets, Smarties, etc. , the candy or chocolate bars are mixed with the ice cream using a particular machine so that in each bite you get a little ice cream and a little of what you choose to add. This is not a healthy dessert. It's far from that! So to make a healthy version at home, you have to be creative! I always start by making homemade plant-based ice cream from frozen bananas, and then add homemade healthy cookies or brownies to create the same atmosphere as a traditional blizzard without the refined sugars or artificial ingredients.
How to make a healthy snow storm
To make my healthy cookie dough blizzard, simply make frozen bananas in a food processor to create the "ice cream" and then add your healthier homemade additions, like homemade cookie crumbs or healthy homemade brownie chips.
Ingredients for the healthy cookie dough blizzard:
To make my recipe healthier you won't need as many ingredients! First, make a batch of my healthy edible vegan cookie dough, then just add the cookie dough to the ice cream. For the ice cream you will need:
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- Homemade Vegan Cookie Dough
- Frozen bananas
- Cashew butter
- Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder of Choice
- Sugar-free almond milk
Traditionally no, definitely not. Just take a look at the classic cookie dough fast food ingredient list:
Fortunately, you can make your own healthy homemade version to enjoy whenever you want. To be transparent, my healthy version is not nutrient dense and also somewhat calorie dense, but calories are not the same for health, for me it's all about nutrient content and balance! My version is also allergen friendly for those who cannot have gluten or dairy, which is great!
I'd love to hear about it in the comments below! Also, be sure to pin the photo under the recipe to save for later and of course share the love!
Banana ice cream
2 bananas, cut into pieces and frozen
1 tablespoon of natural vegan vanilla protein powder of your choice
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon of natural cashew butter
- Peel the bananas and cut them into quarters and freeze them. (You will need to use frozen banana pieces for this recipe)
- Prepare the cookie dough according to the instructions here: Vegan cookie dough
- Make 20 total cookie dough balls.
- Put the balls in the fridge.
- Once the banana pieces are frozen, you can make the ‘ice cream’.
- In a blender or food processor, combine frozen banana, almond milk, protein powder, and cashew butter. Mix until smooth.
- Divide the ice cream between 2 glasses.
- Add / mix two balls of cookie dough in each glass, and enjoy! *
* I recommend cutting a ball of cookie dough into small pieces and mixing it in the blizzard and covering with another ball of cookie dough to get pieces of cookie dough pieces in each bite!
Cookie dough recipe 20 ago cookie dough balls, use two or three at most per blizzard.
Recipe for ‘Ice Cream’ makes 2 servings.
May contain affiliate links.
Have a wonderful day!
Christal // NITK