Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
All my favorite breakfast foods in an easy saucepan! You can make ahead and refrigerate or freeze for later. You can divide it between two trays and bake one and freeze one for later. This breakfast casserole is great for breakfast, lunch, great for brunch, lunch, dinner and any next vacation breakfast! SO GOOD!
I love the combination of flavors and cream cheese. I am always looking for new ways to incorporate it into my favorite dishes. I tried it in a hashbrown breakfast casserole and the results were AMAZING! OMG! So good!!!! You can prepare this pan ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze it for later. You can even break it into pans and cook one now and save one for later.
This casserole has all my favorite breakfast foods. Frozen potato chips, sausages, cream cheese, eggs, and cheddar cheese. Strain the potato croquettes in a large skillet before putting them in the saucepan. I think it helped make the potatoes fully cooked and crispy.
I used a Tennessee Pride HOT breakfast sausage roll in this saucepan. If you don't want the saucepan to have a little kick, use all the normal breakfast sausages instead. I also used regular cream cheese. I think using low-fat cream cheese would be nice, but I'd stay away from the fat-free cream cheese on this plate.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Like I said, we LOVED this Hashbrown Sausage & Cream Cheese Breakfast Casserole! It would be great for brunch, group meals, knick-knacks, and any breakfast on your next vacation!
performance: 10print recipe
Fried Potato Sausage Breakfast Casserole
preparation time: 10 MINUTESTime to cook: 35 MINSTotal time: 45 minutes
- 2 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 2 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (30-32oz) bag frozen grated potato croquettes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until it is no longer pink. Drain fat
- Mix the cooked sausage and cream cheese. Set aside.
- Add the potato croquettes to the pan and cook until lightly browned. Place the potato chips in the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13-inch skillet. Top with sausage / cream cheese mixture and grated cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and milk. Pour over the potato chip mixture.
- ** Cover and refrigerate at this point if baking later. **
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes.
Copyright © 2007-2017 Stephanie Parker | Plain Chicken, Inc. All Rights Reserved Unless otherwise noted, all images and content here at Plain Chicken® are original and protected by copyright under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
SaveSaveSaveSave Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 Casserole Cream breakfast hashbrown Cheese Sausage