Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
We love summer entertainment so much that we just built a new deck to accommodate more space for our friends and family!
While there are so many wonderful aspects of the barbecue season, perhaps what I like the most is how easy and easy it is to add flavor to almost anything. Case in point: I recently created a grilled zucchini corn salad that took about 12 minutes total to create.
As zucchini and corn roast, natural sugars begin to caramelize creating a sweet, smoky flavor profile that turns a traditionally tasteless ingredient (sorry, zucchini!) Into something magical and delicious.
To tie it all together, I mix the grilled corn and zucchini with lemon juice, olive oil, creamy feta cheese, chives and fresh basil. Bright, summery and full of fresh flavors, you really can't go wrong with this simple summer garnish recipe.
Depending on the season you live in, feel free to mix and match the ingredients in this grilled summer salad recipe. Asparagus, aubergines, bell peppers, or onions would make fantastic grilled and then mixed with feta cheese and basil.
The options are limitless. Your fork is waiting.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Grilled zucchini corn salad with feta cheese and basil
This summer salad is made with grilled corn and zucchini with feta cheese cream and fresh basil. The ideal accompaniment for cookouts and barbecues!
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes Total time 20 minutes
Servings4 Calories 209kcal
- 2 ears of corn (peeled)
- 1 medium zucchini (cut into long strips)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste)
- 4 ounces of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup chives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Preheat grill to high heat. Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with half half the olive oil (2 tablespoons) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned zucchini slices along with the corn on the cob on the grill. Roast the zucchini until tender, about 4-7 minutes, turning once in half. Turn the corn every 2 minutes until all sides are lightly charred.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill. Using a sharp knife, cut the corn into a large bowl. Then cut the zucchini into small pieces and add it to the bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl, including feta cheese, basil, chives, lemon juice, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
It can be served warm, at room temperature or cold.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 323 mg | Potassium: 180mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 420 IU | Vitamin C: 14.3mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Do you want more delicious salad recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!
zucchini salad corn grill