Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
I serve salmon at least once a week, some of our favorite recipes include salmon with garlic and honey, pan-fried salmon and this simple but satisfying version on the grill.
My whole family enjoys salmon: it is quick to prepare, full of nutrients and tastes great. This roasted salmon recipe doesn't get any easier – salmon fillets are topped with a mixture of olive oil, seasonings, garlic, and herbs, then they make a quick trip through the grill to brown and caramelize. This recipe is simple enough for a busy week night, but elegant enough to serve the company!
How is roasted salmon made?
It's amazing how fast and easy it is to make delicious grilled salmon. Simply mix olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl. Place the salmon in the bowl and cover the salmon with the sauce. Place salmon in skillet and broil at 500 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until salmon is opaque and browned on top. Remove the salmon from the oven, garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges, and serve.
What is the best temperature for roasting salmon?
The key to roasted salmon is high heat from the top of the oven for that lovely caramelized exterior. You can broil salmon at the roasting settings of your oven. Most broilers are set at 500-550 degrees F, but if your broiler is set at 450 degrees F, that will work, too. Just be sure to use a high temperature for best results.
What is the difference between roasting and baking?
Grilling in its simplest form is high heat from above. Roasting activates only one heating element in an oven on the food. Grilling is great for quick-cook fine meats, crispbreads or toppings, and melt cheese on a cooked plate. When grilling salmon, the radiant heat from the top of the oven caramelizes sugars and amino acids in the salmon. The heat browns and crisps the top of the salmon unlocking the flavor.
How do you know when salmon is made?
You can tell when the salmon is cooking when the salmon's meat goes from transparent to opaque, and the salmon flakes easily with a fork. You will also want to see the browning on the salmon to know that the flavors have been released.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Roasted salmon variations
Usually, I prepare this recipe as is, but you can easily customize the flavors to your family's tastes.
- Coriander Lime: Use lime zest and lime juice instead of lemon, and substitute coriander instead of thyme and parsley for a fresh and tasty flavor.
- Mexican style: Follow the marinade recipe in my chicken burrito bowls and top the salmon with that marinade.
- Asian style: use green onions instead of thyme, also add 2 teaspoons minced ginger and 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil to the marinade.
This simple salmon recipe is as easy to prepare as it is delicious. It will surely be a hit at home, and it is one of my dining options!
More excellent salmon recipes
- salmon teriyaki
- Salmon in foil with lemon and dill
- Grilled salmon with garlic and herbs
- Greek Salmon Salad
- Salmon paper packages
This grilled salmon recipe consists of fresh fish fillets coated in olive oil, garlic, and herbs, and then grilled until golden. A quick and easy dinner option that's on the table in under 20 minutes!
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 Calories: 274kcal
- 4 salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh parsley and more to decorate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- lemon slices to serve
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the grill. Coat a skillet with cooking spray.
- Place olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add salmon, stir to coat evenly.
- Place the salmon fillets in the prepared skillet.
- Grill 10-15 minutes or until salmon is golden and opaque.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges, then serve.
Calories :: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 565mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 95 IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.2mg