Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
These grilled chicken tacos are a healthy and easy meal for every day!
Who is excited about tacos? 🙂 Well we sure love you! It is actually a rare occasion when we light the grill and cannot go in the winter. But, we have a great indoor alternative, and that's the cast iron grill pan! Admittedly, I think long-term use smokes the house really nice (sarcasm muffled) and the pan is a difficult task to maintain (read: wash immediately, dry immediately, cover with oil, and light it again until you smoke to set the bread). But, when I take the time to use it, the food is simply delicious, very close to an outdoor grill.
So I made these delicious Grilled Chicken Tacos over the weekend, when I had more time at my disposal to prepare, roast and clean the pan. I also find that the onion marinated chicken is fantastic, nothing bland and when you combine it with cooking in cast iron, absolutely divine. This is how grilled chicken is supposed to taste! So please never skip the marinade as it really increases the flavor.
These easy Grilled Chicken Tacos are also a great take-out for the office and a real delight for the crowd! You can absolutely make these beauties ahead of time, pack for the office, and enjoy a healthy and delicious lunch. These studs will disappear before you can blink!
Actually, I can go get some tacos ready right now.
Grilled chicken tacos
Performance: 4 4 Preparation time: 20 minutes Time to cook: 30 minutes Total time: 50 minutes
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Grilled chicken tacos are a healthy and easy meal for every day. Also a great takeaway for the office and a real delight for the crowd!
- 400 grams of chicken breasts
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 red onions
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- salt, pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- thyme to taste
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime
- 2 chives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh chives, finely chopped
- Prepare the chicken: wash and dry the chicken meat (I used chicken breast meat). Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and thyme. Massage the spices into the meat and cover evenly. Peel and thinly slice an onion and add to chicken meat. Lastly, add a tablespoon of olive oil and spread it over the meat, covering it evenly. Set aside to rest in an airtight container for an hour or overnight.
- Prepare the vegetables: wash and dry the pepper, then cut it into slices and season with salt and pepper. Add a pinch of olive oil and coat evenly. Peel and thinly slice an onion. Wash and mash the lettuce and the tender onion. Cut the file into quarters.
- Put the sour cream in a jar, season with salt and pepper and add the finely chopped chives. Combine well
- Preheat grill or cast iron skillet (this is what I used). Remove the onions from the chicken meat, but do not mix them. When the grill is hot, place the chicken meat on the grill and cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes, then turn and cook on the other side for an additional couple of minutes, until the meat is well cooked. While the chicken is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the sliced marinated onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the onions are crisp. Then add a dash of balsamic vinegar, combine well, and remove from heat. Remove chicken from grill and set aside to rest. Place the peppers on the grill and cook until they soften and begin to blacken on the edges. Withdraw and reserve. Heat tortillas on the grill for one minute on each side.
- Cut chicken meat into smaller pieces or slices. Place a handful of grated lettuce in a taco, add grilled chicken, roasted bell pepper, crispy onion slices, and sliced red onion, a tablespoon of sour cream, and a slice of lime. Repeat and serve.
Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 Calories: 339 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 294mg Carbs: 19g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6 g Protein: 34 g
Do you like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using @RecetasLatinas and tag us @RecetasLatinas.
You can connect with us on our Instagram and Facebook account or on Pinterest. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter and keep up to date with our latest recipes 😉