Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
A refreshing and nutritious summer salad, this grilled chicken and mixed vegetable salad is topped with a simple balsamic dressing.
In between work, unpacking, and washing, I rarely find the time to write anything. You wouldn't know because, in fact, not many knew, but we've been away for a couple of days, or like … two weeks … on vacation.
The beauty of modern technology is that it has been receiving our posts thanks to blog automation. Doesn't that sound elegant? So for our free time, I programmed some posts I made to do in the last few weeks, so this blog wouldn't be so alone.
Hope for? Have you not received our recipes in your inbox? Go to the right sidebar where there is a title of "Get our recipes in your inbox" and write your email 🙂 Never miss a recipe again!
Now we return to our daily activities and I hardly find the time. You may not know it, but for those who speak Slovenian among us, I also have a travel blog around here, where I will post more about our beautiful holidays on the island of Tenerife. That's a lot of blogging these days. Sorry if that reduces the time I have available to cook, eat, photograph and write.
But unfortunately, when time, if not willpower, will suffice. Meanwhile, although the weather is barely holding up, I have returned to salads. Because – salads. I love them.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
One of the most basic salads I make is a simple mix of vegetables, toppings, and grilled chicken with balsamic dressing. I will eat this salad more frequently, usually twice a week. I even bring it for lunch at work. It is a refreshing and nutritious salad that makes the most of the vegetables in my garden.
Grilled chicken salad and mixed vegetables
A refreshing and nutritious summer salad with mixed greens, toppings, and grilled chicken with balsamic dressing.
- 2 cups mixed fresh vegetables (various types of lettuce)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon canned corn
- 50 g grilled chicken (breasts / lime)
- 1 slice of hard bread
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- The first is the first. If you're not using a precooked grilled lime, season the chicken first and put it in a hot skillet to grill on both sides for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool, then cut into smaller pieces.
- Cut the slice of hard bread into cubes and put in the pan to toast for a couple of minutes. When toasted, let cool.
- Wash and drain the mixed vegetables. Use whatever type of lettuce you like, or a mixture of it.
- Peel and cut the cucumber. Wash and cut your bell pepper (I had a light green variety in my garden). Peel the carrot and cut it into thin slices (or grated). Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- For the dressing, pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar (1: 3 ratio) into a bowl or small jar, add a little lemon juice or water, a pinch of salt and a little pepper. Mix well with a whisk or shake in a jar until well combined.
- Build your salad. In a bowl, place the washed salad leaves, cucumber and bell pepper slices, halved cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, and a tablespoon of canned corn. Add chicken bites and bread croutons.
- Top the salad with a little Parmesan cheese and the balsamic dressing.
Do you like this recipe? Please let us know in the comments below or on social media using @RecetasLatinas and tag us @RecetasLatinas. Thank you!