Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Today's Grilled Chicken Calzone is a super simple recipe that bakes in less than ten minutes, and is perfect for a busy meal during the week!
It's also one more recipe that uses our bechamel sauce recipe from earlier this week! In fact, in case you haven't noticed, this recipe uses many of the same ingredients we used in our White Chicken Pizza recipe, also earlier this week! (After all, a calzone IS essentially a pizza folded in half before baking!
For today's grilled chicken Calzone, layers of cooked chicken are placed on top of the bechamel, then tablespoons of pesto, sliced roasted red peppers, and mozzarella cheese are placed on top before folding the dough and pinching the sides to close them .
Feel free to mix the filling into your calzone – the process regardless of the filling is essentially the same! And to make things even simpler, you can always buy store-bought pizza dough to make your calzones, but if you prefer a homemade version, we've included a link to our pizza dough in the recipe below.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here to view our over 100 best chicken recipes.
- 1 10-ounce pizza dough, see recipe here or shop
- ¼ cup of bechamel sauce, see the recipe here
- 2 ounces roasted red bell peppers, jars are good or toast yours
- 1 tablespoon pesto, see our recipe here or use jar
- 4 ounces grilled and sliced chicken breast
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Flour to sprinkle on kitchen counter
- Corn flour to sprinkle on pizza peel
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and place a pizza stone on the bottom rack.
- Roll out dough 12 inches in diameter on floured surface.
- Sprinkle the pizza peel with cornmeal and transfer the round dough to the peel.
- Cover half of the dough with the bechamel sauce leaving a half inch around the edge.
- Place chicken and all other ingredients, including cheese, on top of the sauce.
- Wet the edge of the filled half with water, fold the other half and close the seam. Then, roll and pinch the closed edges, pulling the bottom edge up over the top edge, pinching again as you go from side to side.
- Push some knife slots on top and slide on the pizza stone.
- Bake for about nine minutes until fully browned.
- Withdraw and enjoy.
You may also like:
Perfect pizza dough
Calzone Sausage and Pepper
White chicken pizza
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 CalzonesGrillingChicken