Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Roasted spears of fresh asparagus made with just a few ingredients, plus a pinch of Parmesan cheese and a little lemon juice. An easy recipe for grilled asparagus that everyone will love!
Quick and easy recipe for grilled asparagus! A perfect accompaniment for summer!
I paired this recipe for asparagus with our Grilled chicken drumsticks and got great reviews from everyone. Tender, with a delicious smoky flavor, grilled asparagus is the perfect accompaniment to grilled meats.
Truth be told, we really like asparagus. Since Bacon Wrapped Asparagus to Roasted garlic asparagus with bacon and cheeseIt turns out to be on top of our favorite green vegetables. This simple, but delicious and healthy vegetable can be prepared in a very short time in the oven or on the grill with very few ingredients.
Before grilling, I just put them in a little olive oil with salt and pepper, and after they're done I like to add a little lemon juice and a little Parmesan cheese.
HOW TO ROAST ASPARAGUS
Thicker asparagus spears are best for grilling because they will not fall through cracks in the grates. However, you can also use a skewer to thread all asparagus spears. Simply run a metal skewer through the middle of the asparagus spears. This will also help flip, as well as keep them all together on the racks.
Grill on direct heat and roast the asparagus only after everything else is off the grill. That means don't cook the asparagus until you've finished cooking all the other meats. The asparagus cooks much faster, and will be done just in time to serve along with all other grilled foods.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Depending on the thickness, the asparagus on the grill should cook initially for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until the grill marks appear. Then you will flip the asparagus and continue to cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
The result is a smoky, tender and crispy asparagus that you won't want to stop eating. A little lemon juice and a pinch of Parmesan cheese take them over the top.
MORE ASPARAGUS RECIPES TO TRY:
- Asparagus and Puff Pastry Package Recipe
- Roasted Almond Asparagus
- Asparagus with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Roasted Garlic and Asparagus Soup
WANT MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR NEW NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!FOLLOW THE DIET ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
If you try a recipe, use the hashtag #diethood in INSTAGRAM for a chance to appear.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Grilled Asparagus Recipe 444WW Freestyle: 3 Preparation time 5 minutes Cooking time 15 minutes Total time 20 minutes
Spears of fresh asparagus prepared on the grill with just a few ingredients, plus a pinch of Parmesan cheese and a little lemon juice.
Course: Garnish Cuisine: American Servings: 4 servings Calories: 124 kcal Ingredients
- 1 pound rinsed, trimmed and dried asparagus
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small lemon, optional
- 2 tablespoons, or to taste, grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat an outdoor grill to high heat, approximately 450F.
- Place the asparagus in a baking dish or bowl and mix with oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the prepared asparagus to the grill and heat them directly.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until grill marks appear.
- Turn over and continue cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from grill and transfer to serving platter.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the asparagus and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- To serve.
FREESTYLE POINTS WW: 3
Keywords: asparagus recipe, grilled asparagus, how to cook them, garnish recipes, summer food.