Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Sharing is showing interest!
The Greek Stuffed Chicken is stuffed with a creamy mix of olives, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh dill and artichoke hearts. Cream cheese and feta cheese help keep the filling together and add a lot of creamy cheese flavor. This is a dish that you will want to eat all summer. The flavors are so bright and fresh!
You should cut the chicken pockets as large as you can so that you can fill them with lots of delicious filling. There are many flavors in this filling and you want to get as many of them as possible in each bite.
Help secure the opening with some toothpicks. And if part of the filling oozes, it's not the end of the world. It will get more sticky and cheesy at the bottom of the pan.
I cook these Greek stuffed chicken breasts in an oven safe skillet, like a stainless steel skillet or cast iron skillet. Brown them on both sides and then transfer the pan to a 350 degree oven to finish cooking the chicken. Serve over rice for a light meal, but rich and tasty in warm weather.
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE to receive the Spicy Southern Kitchen newsletter.
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Cook time: 20 minutes.
Total time: 30 minutes
Author: Christin Mahrlig
The Greek Stuffed Chicken is stuffed with a creamy mix of olives, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh dill and artichoke hearts. Cream cheese and feta cheese help keep the filling together and add a lot of creamy cheese flavor.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill
- 1/3 cup minced artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried sliced tomatoes in oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, feta cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper.
Fold the dill, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Cut a pocket out of each chicken breast. Season outside of chicken and inside pocket with salt and pepper to taste.
Fill each pocket with the cream cheese mixture and secure with a pair of toothpicks.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet (cast iron or stainless steel) over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on bottom, turn and brown on other side.
Transfer the pan to the oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
If you're looking for a dessert that pairs well with Greek stuffed chicken, try this lush lemon. Watch the video below to see how.