Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
I love pan-fried foods like Asian salmon, lemon thyme chicken, and this tasty Greek chicken. It's less work with minimal cleaning involved!
In my opinion, you can never go wrong with a meal from a frying pan. All the proteins and vegetables are cooked together and in the end you only have to clean one plate! This Greek Chicken and Potatoes are juicy, tender chicken legs with golden fries. You can serve this dish as-is, or add an additional vegetable to the pan to complete your meal.
How is Greek chicken made with potatoes?
The first step in this recipe is to make a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and spices. The chicken and potatoes are mixed with the olive oil mixture, then placed in a frying pan until they are golden brown and well cooked. Add a pinch of fresh parsley and some lemon wedges and dinner is served!
Tips for Greek Chicken
- I prefer to use bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe because they are super tasty and don't oven dry. You can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts if you prefer. Bone-in chicken breasts take longer to cook than chicken thighs, so keep that in mind.
- If desired, you can reserve a tablespoon or two of the marinade before adding the chicken and potatoes, then drizzle the reserved marinade over the cooked plate for added flavor.
- This dish is ideal for preparing meals; it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Variations of Greek chicken with potatoes
You can add other ingredients to this dish to create other flavor variations to suit your tastes.
- Vegetables: During the last 15 minutes of cooking time, you can add vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, or zucchini.
- Cheese: Sprinkle 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese over finished plate.
- Herbs: Instead of garnishing your Greek chicken with fresh parsley, you can use green onions, chives, dill, or basil.
- Potatoes: You can use red potatoes, Russet potatoes, or even sweet potatoes instead of Yukon gold potatoes.
How long does it take to bake chicken drumsticks?
It takes approximately 45 minutes to bake chicken thighs at a temperature of 400 degrees F.
How do you know when the chicken is made?
You can tell that your chicken is done when the juices run clear and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers at least 165 degrees F. I use a digital thermometer with a remote control so I can monitor the progress of the chicken. from anywhere in the house.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
I can't get enough of this Greek chicken, my family loves it and I'm sure your family will enjoy it too!
More meals from a pot
- Pizza dough
- Chili Mac
- Balsamic Chicken
- Cajun Jambalaya
- Italian chicken
Greek chicken and potatoes
This Greek Chicken and Potatoes is a skillet meal with marinated garlic and herb chicken and tender potatoes, all roasted to golden perfection. A super easy dinner for a busy night.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 55 minutes
Servings: 6 Calories: 425kcal
- 6 chicken thighs with bone and skin
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- lemon slices for garnish
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add chicken and potatoes to bowl; stir to coat with marinade.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken and potatoes in the pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done and potatoes are tender, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Calories :: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 694 mg | Potassium: 622 mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 115 IU | Vitamin C: 14.7mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 3.5mg