Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This gluten-free chocolate fudge cake is moist and has that rich chocolate flavor that we all know and love. You will love this recipe if you are a big fan of chocolate.
You don't need big pieces of this chocolate cake to feel satisfied. It also means that you can probably feed more people with a single cake compared to other chocolate cake recipes.
The remains of this cake are as good as when the cake was fresh from the oven. Just keep it in the fridge and eat when you feel a little hungry. Leftovers are great for lunch the next day. They are even great as a sweet breakfast.
This cake will feed approximately six people, but you may be able to feed more. It depends on how big you cut the slices and how hungry everyone is.
What to serve with this chocolate cake with chocolate
The richness of this chocolate cake may be too much for some people. If you think this is too rich for your taste, then a tablespoon of fresh cream really helps.
A light coating of icing sugar is also an excellent addition to this cake. It adds a touch of sweetness and makes it look great. Try not to add too much icing sugar as it could detract from the cake.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
You could make a chocolate ganache to cover the top of this cake. A ganache adds a rich layer of chocolate and will hide any flaws with the cake, such as cracking. I think the cake is rich enough without it, so unless you really like chocolate, I recommend following the original recipe.
My last suggestion is to serve this delicious cake with one or two tablespoons of vanilla ice cream. If you want to go a step further, a rich chocolate ice cream with chocolate is quite surprising along with this cake.
You can find the complete recipe for this gluten-free chocolate cake right below. If you love this recipe and want more, don't forget to follow us on social media or subscribe to our mailing list.
Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe
Preparation time30 minutes
Time to cook1 hour and 15 minutes
Total time1 hour and 45 minutes
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- 150 g (5.3 oz) dark chocolate, melted
- 150 g (5.3 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- Preheat an oven to 160 ° C (320 ° F).
- Grease and line a 19 cm (7.5 in) cake pan
- Combine the cocoa powder and hot water in a large bowl, stir until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate, butter, sugar, and ground almonds and stir until combined.
- Add the egg yolks one by one.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until smooth peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture in two batches.
- Spread cake mix on prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cake is firm.
- Chill in the pan.
- Serve and enjoy.
- The best way to know if the gluten-free chocolate cake is cooked is to see how much the cake has hardened. It should barely wobble, and a skewer should come out clean.
- Melting butter and chocolate is best done in a microwave or double boiler. The easiest method is to use the microwave.
- Dark chocolate can be exchanged for milk chocolate. Using milk chocolate will make the cake a little bit sweeter.
- Ground almonds are also known as almond flour or almond flour. Either of these will work perfectly in this recipe.
- The most important part of this recipe is folding the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Try to do this method as gently as possible as you don't want to get too much air out of the egg whites.
It's probably best to avoid this dessert if you're trying to avoid sugary foods. It is undoubtedly delicious, but it does have some drawbacks in terms of nutrition.
If you're curious, you can find all the nutritional information for this chocolate chip cake right below.
More gluten-free cakes
If you can't get enough chocolate, then you should check out some of the other gluten-free recipes you can make. Chocolate pudding with sauces is a dish that you will love if you like rich desserts.
Another delicious gluten-free cake to try is the flourless orange cake. It has lovely citrus flavors and is amazing with a tablespoon of cream.
I hope you enjoy this gluten-free chocolate fudge cake recipe. If you have any comments, suggestions or anything else you'd like to say, feel free to leave a comment below.