Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This fried mozzarella salad is perfect when you want to eat healthy, but you crave something cheesy and fried.
Ok, so maybe this isn't the healthiest salad version, but sometimes you just have cravings. I'm right? I mean, we are talking about fried mozzarella here. In a salad. So, the good thing is practically counterpart to the bed, so everything is fine.
The good thing is, I enjoyed this delicious fried mozzarella salad when I did, because lately, I've had more and more dairy issues, so much so, in fact, that now I am forced to cross it out of my diet entirely. This is not the first time that I have dairy problems, since I had no dairy for a couple of years and then I had no problems for a few years. I guess it's time for a spring cleaning!
So as I embark on a dairy-free (or at least reduced-dairy) trip again, more dairy-free recipes will follow.
Fried mozzarella salad
Performance: 2 Preparation time: 15 minutes Time to cook: 10 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
This fried mozzarella salad is perfect when you want to eat healthy, but still want something cheesy and fried. Great winter salad!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- 1 cup chicory, grated
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup lettuce, grated
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- 125 g of mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- a handful of crushed tortillas (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the radicchio, spinach leaves, and lettuce. Drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the salad, salt to taste and stir gently.
- Place the flour on a flat plate and the breadcrumbs on another. In a small bowl, beat the egg lightly. Drain the mozzarella balls and place them on the plate with the flour. Evenly cover each ball, then transfer to the egg bowl. Cover evenly with the egg, then lay over the breadcrumbs and cover evenly. Press the breadcrumbs into the balls to make sure it sticks well. Repeat with all the mozzarella balls.
- Heat the oil for frying in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, carefully place the breaded mozzarella balls in the oil and fry for about 2 minutes, turning gently while browning. Fry until golden, then remove from the pan and place to drain on paper towels.
- Add warm fried mozzarella to the salad and top with some crushed tortilla chips. To serve.
Calories: 895.98 Total Fat: 65.95g Saturated Fat: 13.7g Sodium: 644.09mg Carbohydrates: 50.95g Fiber: 2.87g Sugar: 6.51g Protein: 24.59g
Do you like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using @RecetasLatinas and tag us @RecetasLatinas.
You can connect with us on our Instagram and Facebook account or on Pinterest. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter and keep up to date with our latest recipes 😉