Fresas with Crema. Quick and easy recipe for strawberry and cream! Ripe, juicy strawberries in a cold, sweet cream sauce. Perfect easy dessert recipe!
What is Fresas con Crema?
Fresas con crema is a traditional Mexican dessert. A quick and easy recipe for strawberries and cream. Ripe and juicy strawberry cubes and added to a sweetened cream sauce. Made with easy-to-find ingredients, this recipe is easy to customize to be exactly how you and your family love it!
How do you make:
- Dice strawberries: dice, but you prefer. Some people like slices, I prefer to cube them in chunks. Dice in size that is easy to fit on a spoon so you can easily enjoy your dessert.
- Mix: mixing strawberries with medium cream, also called table cream (picture below). This gives a strawberry flavor throughout the cream, plus a naturally beautiful pink color of the cream.
- Mix cream: combine the remaining ingredients for the cream. The base of the recipe is the media cream (found in Spanish aisle in most markets, it's a can of milk), sweetened condensed milk and sour cream. Plus a hint of vanilla for added flavor.
- Unite: pour the cream over the strawberries. Thanks to the cream fraiche, the mixture is lovely and thick.
- chill: this dessert is best served COLD! I love letting it cool a bit in the fridge. But it can also be served as soon as it is made.
Replacements / variants:
Milk / creams: this dessert can be made with a variety of milk / creams. Some popular options include:
- Media cream (table cream)
- Sour cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (La Lachera is a popular brand to use for this recipe, any brand can be used)
- Condensed milk
- Whole milk
- Heavy cream
- Greek yoghurt
It's about finding the balance of thickness and sweetness you prefer. Media cream is a medium-thickness, more than milk or evaporated milk. But not as thick as the creme fraiche.
Use the sweetened condensed milk to sweeten the dessert. Start with a small amount, and add more to your preference.
A cup or bowl filled with just strawberries and cream is a tasty treat alone. Add a dollop of whipped cream, or make this dish suitable for breakfast by adding some crunchy granola on top.
More strawberry recipes:
Several Mexican desserts:
- 2 kg of strawberries
- 1 (7.6 ounces) can media crema
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup of crème fraiche
Drain the strawberries as desired and add to a medium sized bowl
Combine media crema and 3/4 cup cubes with strawberries in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Add vanilla, sweetened condensed milk and sour cream to the strawberry cream. Stir to combine.
Pour the cream over the strawberries. Stir to combine.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate in the fridge.
Storage: Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories: Plain, Calcium: 94 mg, Iron: 1 mg
House of Yumm is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide us with a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Never miss a recipe
Subscribe to receive new posts by email.