Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Flourless pumpkin muffins made with almond butter and pumpkin. No flour, no oil and no dairy. 9 grams of protein on each bun!
They have pumpkin in them, of course. It's fall and you're reading EBF: If I'm making a baked product right now, there's a 99% chance that it has pumpkin.
Muffins without flour? Yep!
The exciting part of these cupcakes is not what is in them, it is not what is in them! There is no flour (not even coconut or almond flour), no oil, no butter, no dairy, and they only contain a small amount of added sugar from honey and chocolate chips. I've never baked flourless cupcakes before, so I was surprised they looked and tasted like real cupcakes, not dense pumpkin balls and almond butter. Okay, I still would have eaten the balls, because they sound pretty good too. hmmm… maybe I have another recipe idea in my hands. 🙂
Another surprising feature is that the muffins come together in minutes and you don't have to mix the bowls because you can mix the dough in your blender or mini chopper. I have to thank Averie from Averie Cooks for the cupcake idea. She is a genius!
These muffins have been tested in recipes and then tested by several of our friends and we can all agree that they are quite good. Only two left after making a full batch on Saturday. I will take that as a sign that I will do them again soon.
I hope you like them as much as we do!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- 1 1/3 cups almond butter
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice *
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. Prepare the muffin pan by spraying it well with cooking spray, or cover the pans with paper or silicone liners (affiliate link). Set aside.
- In your blender add all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and mix on high speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill each muffin cavity approximately 3/4 with the muffin mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean without any dough. (See cooking time for mini cupcakes below.) Allow the muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes or until they are firm enough and cool enough to handle. Remove from the can and cool completely on a wire rack. The muffins are always fresh, but will stay airtight at room temperature for about 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- I used pumpkin pie spices in this recipe, if you don't have any or can't find it, you can make yours with ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- For mini cupcakes, bake for 7-8 minutes. 1 lot will make 36 mini cupcakes.
- Portion size: one
- Calories 283
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Unsaturated fat: 13g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Keywords: flourless pumpkin muffins, almond butter pumpkin muffins
pumpkin flour muffinssin