If you want to go to an oriental restaurant for a while but for any reason you could not go … Take the restaurant home! Oriental gastronomy has many exquisite proposals, ideal for sharing on great occasions. Exotic flavors awaken your taste buds and expand your culinary boundaries. For this reason, this time RecetaGratis takes you to distant lands to taste the best of the Thai flavor: green fish curry.
He thai green curry Fish is very aromatic and has a spicy flavor that harmonizes its tone with coconut milk. On the other hand, the texture of the dogfish is firm but juicy. A combination of simply fascinating aromatic and gustatory notes. In the best oriental style!
4 diners 45m Main course Medium difficulty Additional features: Medium cost, Spicy, Stew, Traditional Thai recipe Ingredients:
- green fish curry:
- 2 tablespoons of oil (preferably peanut or sesame)
- 800 grams of dogfish (or any smooth meat fish)
- 300 grams of onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger (preferably fresh)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup homemade green curry paste
- 400 milliliters of coconut milk
- 150 milliliters of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or brown sugar (preferably palm)
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime (juice)
- 1 zucchini, chopped (optional)
- 1 branch of fresh coriander
- 1 small leek (garlic joint)
- green curry paste:
- 40 grams of green chili (or hot pepper)
- 30 grams of ginger (substitute for galangal) preferable fresh
- 12 grams garlic
- 60 grams of shallot (or ajoporro and garlic)
- 7 grams of lemon peel (ideally lemon grass or lime)
- 5 grams coriander root (branches with the root)
- 1 tablespoon coriander (preferable in grains)
- 1 tablespoon of cumin (preferable in grains)
- 5 tablespoons black pepper (Preferable in grains)
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (or shrimp paste)
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 mango (or banana or melon)
- 1 branch of fresh coriander (also serves parsley or basil)
Steps to follow to make this recipe: 1
Boil the dogfish for 20 minutes. Then remove from heat and drain.
Cut the fish in pictures. Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
Wash the vegetables. Grind the garlic and ginger (if it is fresh). Cut the onion, leek, and green bell pepper julienne style. Reservation.
Arrange the ingredients for prepare the green curry: chop the green chili, grate the ginger (or use powder), crush the garlic, chop the onion into small squares, cut the coriander root into finite pieces, dice the shallot (or substitutes), Grate the lemon, crush the coriander into grains (or use a powder), grind the cumin into grains (or use a powder), crush the black pepper (or use a powder). On the other hand, place the indicated measure of fish sauce (or shrimp paste). Salt is to taste, so leave it for last. Reserve on the one hand the chopped vegetables and on the other the species.
If you do not get shallot you can crush 3 garlics and finely cut the white part of the leek (ajoporro); This mixture closely resembles the flavor of the vegetable. If you can't get the fish sauce, you can also prepare it at home. In addition, you can add the finely chopped lemon grass (malojillo) to the green curry paste. Culinary art knows no obstacles!
Place a pan without greasing to heat. Add the crushed spices (or powder) and lightly toast. You will know when to remove them, by smelling how the environment is impregnated with its smell. Reservation.
Put all the ingredients in a blender (or the kitchen assistant you have): the chopped vegetables, the fish sauce (or shrimp paste) and the roasted spices in the pan. Shred the ingredients until achieving a homogeneous paste. Add salt only if it seems necessary. Reserve in a container with a lid.
Sauté the onion in a skillet (or wok) pre-heated with oil. Apply high heat. When the onion is almost tender, add the garlic, leek and ginger. Wait 2 more minutes and add the paprika. Stir constantly.
Add the pasta green curry and wait 2 minutes or until it gives off an odor. Modify the fire to medium-low. Add the chopped (fresh) coriander, mix until the rest of the ingredients are integrated.
Incorporate the fish again in the wok or pan. Stir well but carefully so as not to crumble the dogfish.
Add the coconut milk and cook 2 minutes.
Add the vegetable stock, the fish sauce, the palm sugar and the lime juice. Add salt to taste (if necessary). Stir and wait 10 minutes.
Presents the green fish curry, garnished with pieces of mango and coriander leaves. As a garnish serve white rice and add a lemon wedge. Pure Thai style!
Exquisite, exotic and healthy! This recipe from green fish curry It is perfect for a special meal. If you want to surprise your diners, prepare this dish even if it is a little laborious, since it is worth every minute you spend in the kitchen.
What do you think? Ready for exotic flavors from distant lands? Please remember to take a photo on your trip. Share with us!
If you liked the recipe of Green fish curry, we suggest you enter our category of Dogfish Recipes.
Some more suggestions about green fish curry
- The green fish curry can be prepared with any kind of white fish: hake, grouper, pollock, sole, rooster, rose, sama, scorpionfish, etc. Another ideal white meat for this recipe is chicken. Delicious!
- If you don't like coriander, replace it with parsley or basil. The mango touch is magnificent, however with pieces of banana or melon … words are unnecessary!
- Remember that if you do not get shallot you can crush 3 garlics and finely cut the white part of the leek (ajoporro); this mixture closely resembles the original flavor.
- In the green curry paste I didn't add the lemongrass or the fresh Thai green chilli (you can substitute jalapeño without vinegar or cayenne pepper) but … the taste is supreme! If you feel like it, add these ingredients to your preparation to accentuate the oriental flavor.
- The fish sauce can be replaced by an anchovy sauce and homemade soy sauce. The ingredients are: 36 anchovies (tin fillets), 2 garlics, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (serves paper), 100 milliliters of soy and 100 milliliters of water. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and when it boils wait 10 more minutes. Finally, strain (pass through the Chinese) the resulting preparation and reserve in the refrigerator.