Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
- 1 kg of minced meat
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 400 g of condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup Massel * Chicken-style liquid broth
- 2 teaspoons of Vegemite
- 2 teaspoons of sugar * to taste
- 300g instant lasagna sheets
- 500 g of bechamel sauce
- 2 cups of grated tasty cheese
* Massel is recommended by the best recipes in Australia
In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic until transparent. Add minced meat and cook until golden brown.
Add broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato soup, tomato paste, Vegemite, and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for 1½ to 2 hours or until liquid is halved.
Let the sauce rest for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, line a rectangular baking dish with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
Lay a layer of lasagna starting with a small amount of sauce on the bottom, followed by an even layer of lasagna sheets, making sure to layer to the brim.
Add the bechamel sauce, a pinch of cheese, and then the lasagna sheets again. Repeat layers until all sauce has run out.
Top with a generous amount of béchamel sauce and top with tasty cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Allow the lasagna to rest for 15 minutes or more before cutting it into slices.