Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
If you have 10 minutes, you have plenty of time to make Easy Taco Dip, the best layered Mexican sauce that's loaded with your favorite ingredients and perfect for parties. Open a bag of corn chips and start your next party!
Do you love Mexican sauces and snacks? Try Black Bean Sauce or the famous Chipotle recipes for Guacamole or Corn Sauce along with Taco Dip to complete your appetizers.
Some things really ARE all of that and a bag of chips. Easy Taco Dip is the kind of recipe people go crazy for. All you have to do is make sure there is enough for everyone.
In a meaty party food world, it's sometimes refreshing to offer something crispy and crispy, fresh and spicy at the same time. By the way, this is also why Veggie Pizza is so popular! People like to eat vegetables, but sometimes healthy things get lost in the mix of meatballs and chicken wings. Easy vegetables for rescue!
Because it's so cheerful and colorful, young and old guests just can't stay away.
Ingredients for cold taco sauce:
Taco seasoning. Make a homemade taco seasoning to keep on hand, or buy a package from the store.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Fun ingredients for taco sauce:
Now comes the fun part! Choose some or go crazy and try them all.
(And if you're really in a hurry, the salad bar at the grocery store has most of these ingredients for you, prepared and ready to go.)
- Cheese. Grated cheddar, pepper jack, or crumbled fresh cheese.
- Peppers. Chopped peppers – green, orange, red, or yellow add crispness and color to this fun party sauce.
- Chives Finely chopped chives taste good throughout.
- Tomatoes. Diced tomatoes or sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Chili Peppers. Fresh jalapeños, chopped or collected.
- Black olives. If you have them, use them.
- Chilies. Canned new Mexican chiles, the Hatch chiles, are excellent mixed at the base or scattered on top.
- Pico de gallo. Make your own beak here.
- Chopped coriander and onion. also known as Mexican Relish. It tastes great in tacos, so it should taste just as good in taco sauce.
- Lettuce. Theoretically, the chopped lettuce should add crispness to the sauce, but it doesn't. If you must have lettuce in the sauce, throw it out at the last minute. Otherwise, it becomes soggy and unappetizing.
- Beans. A handful of cooked black beans adds a little protein.
How to make Easy Taco Dip:
If you have time, let the cream cheese warm to room temperature, which makes mixing a little easier.
- To start, mix cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Then spread the mixture on the bottom of a shallow dish – a pie plate, a saucepan, or a baking dish.
- You can chill this overnight if you want. Simply cover the top with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator. The flavors will mix and taste even better.
- When you're ready to serve Easy Taco Dip, all you have to do is cover the cream cheese mixture with the ingredients you want. Cheese first, then crisp, colorful things.
Easy vegan taco dip:
This vegetarian snack can go vegan with just a few changes.
- Use vegetable sour cream or vegan sour cream substitute instead of traditional dairy sour cream.
- Buy a tofu-based cream cheese substitute (or your favorite vegan cream cheese product) instead of regular cream cheese.
- Instead of grated cheese, choose your favorite vegan cheese or nutritional yeast.
Easy Taco Dip: do it ahead
Taco Dip is the best cold snack to prepare. Mix cream cheese, sour cream and seasoning together and refrigerate overnight, then prepare your toppings.
If you have to bring the snack somewhere, like a work party, a shared meal, or a book club, it's very convenient when everything is separate.
How long can the taco sit?
How long can you leave out the taco sauce? Try to keep track of how long the dive remains at room temperature. It should be fine for up to two hours, but the dive is most likely gone a long time by then.
If you're hosting a party that looks like it will continue for a while (as all good parties should), make a couple of recipes and top up the taco sauce as your guests mix. Your work is done here. Time to have a drink!
How about a cold, light Mexican beer? The acid in the beer runs through the richness of the sauce and is, like Easy Taco Dip!
Type of American cuisine Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Total time: 10 minutes Servings: 12 servings Calories: 249 kcal
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 store-bought package
Ingredients (choose your favorites):
- 2 cups of grated lettuce see notes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, stemless, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 chives, sliced
- sliced jalapeño peppers (pickled or fresh)
At your service:
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Mix well until combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in bottom of shallow pie pan or 9 "x 13" baking sheet. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, bell peppers, and olives or your own favorite ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips.
- All sauce can be made and refrigerated ahead of time (however, see my recipe notes on the dangers of shredded lettuce!).
- Or, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning the night before and refrigerate. All vegetables can be chopped or cut into slices and refrigerated in covered containers until assembly.
Chopped lettuce tends to soak in the sauce, especially if you do this ahead of time (and this is IDEAL to prepare ahead of, aside from the lettuce!). It is something to keep in mind when choosing your ingredients!
Calories :: 249kcal
Easy Recipe Salsa Taco