Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Cabbage rolls without filling ready in 30 minutes. Save time skipping and just toss everything in a pot with this easy cabbage roll recipe!
One of the things I love about cabbage is its versatility. You can fry it, steam it, mash it for a salad, pickle it – the list goes on! And let me tell you, I'm here for all that because I love cabbage.
Unfilled cabbage rolls are an easy way to enjoy the traditional flavor of stuffed cabbage rolls in half the time. You don't need to roll cabbage leaves or bake anything in this recipe. Just add everything to the pot and cook on the stove. Trust me, we are not going to sacrifice any flavor here!
Most traditional stuffed cabbage roll recipes are based on a Polish dish called Golumpki. Usually uses a mixture of ground beef with rice and onion that is rolled into cooked cabbage leaves. Cabbage rolls are usually served with a tomato-based sauce.
For this recipe, I make my traditional southern cabbage recipe and just add the stuffed cabbage fixings.
Of course, we will not be using rice with this keto option. But don't worry, because you won't even miss it. This recipe is so good!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
How to make cabbage rolls without filling
Start by seasoning and browning the ground beef in a skillet with the minced garlic and minced onion. Make sure to shred the meat while you brown it.
Once the ground beef is done cooking, drain the excess oil in a colander and add it to a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
You'll love these other low-carb ground beef recipes:
Low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole
Keto Meatloaf | Southern classic style
Performance: 8 servings
Preparation time:: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Cabbage rolls are easy. An easy and low carb dish.
2 pounds ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 chopped onion
1 head cabbage, chopped
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Season and brown ground beef with onion and minced garlic in skillet over medium-high heat. Be sure to shred the ground beef while cooking.
- Once the ground beef is done cooking, drain the excess oil with a strainer.
- Add meat to large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot with the meat and mix.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 20 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Feel free to adjust the seasonings to taste, adding more if you prefer and serve.
Serving size: 1
Amount per proportion:
Calories: 359 Total Fat: 20 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Trans Fat: 1 g Unsaturated Fat: 9 g Cholesterol: 101 mg Sodium: 481 mg Carbohydrates: 12 g Net Carbs: 8 g Fiber: 4 g Sugar: 6 g Protein: 33 g