Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
It is sugar free Easy strawberry and chia jam It takes just 10 minutes and 3 ingredients to make and can be made with any fruit you want, fresh or frozen!
Chia seeds are delicious and can be used not only to make pectin-free jams, but also for healthy desserts, like my chia chocolate pudding.
Easy strawberry and chia jam
Making a sweet fruit jam with no added sugar, but superfood chia seeds, is like magic! I promise you, you won't miss the store-bought berry cream that's loaded with sugar. This healthy strawberry and chia jam is sweet from the fruit and has the texture and consistency of the jam thanks to the chia seeds. When added to the liquid, chia seeds form a gel. Perfect for making a jam. No need for pectin or sugar to thicken it. Fruit Chia Jam is very easy to make. It can be made with any fruit, fresh or frozen.
Spread on a toasted whole wheat bun or a fresh slice of my raw bread and enjoy. It is absolutely delicious!
Follow us on PINTEREST!
How to make Chia Jam?
- Simply place the fruit (cut into small pieces) in a small saucepan. and cook until it begins to release juice.
- Crush the fruit with a fork. Cook until the mixture looks like a sauce. You can make it as thick as you want.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add a tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir well.
- Add the chia seeds and stir well. As the jam cools and sits, it will thicken.
- Pour it into a jar with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
What do you need to make chia jam (your shopping list):
- chia seeds
- strawberries (fresh or frozen) or other fruits
- lemon juice
How much does this recipe cost?
This recipe makes a medium-sized jar (about 6 oz.) Of jam. It can be easily duplicated to do more. If you don't like a thick texture in your jam, you can put the mixture in a blender or use an immersion blender and mix until smooth.
What other fruit can be used to make chia jam?
- Berries are great for making chia jam: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- Peaches are great too, especially when they're very sweet and smooth.
More easy recipes like this:
Cranberry Jam (Fridge Style)
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
If you like this recipe and do it, take a photo and share it INSTAGRAM! Tag me @RecetasLatinas So i can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Easy strawberry and chia jam
Time to cook
This sugar-free jam takes just 10 minutes and 3 ingredients to make and can be made with any fruit you want, fresh or frozen!
This recipe makes about 3/4 cup of jam.
Keyword: chia jam, strawberry jam
Servings: 5 people
Calories: 21 kcal
- 1 cup frozen fresh strawberries see note
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Place the fruit in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until juice begins to release.
- Turn the heat to medium and with a spatula or a whisk, press the fruit down to break it down. Stir often. Cook until mixture looks like sauce. You can leave it thick or break the fruit more.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add lemon juice. Stir well.
- Add the chia seeds and stir well.
- As the jam settles and cools, it will thicken. Pour into a jar with a lid.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you use fresh strawberries: wash and peel them, then cut them into smaller pieces. You can add pure vanilla and honey extract if you like. Taste the jam once it has cooled and adjust it to your liking.
If you don't like a thick texture in your jam, you can put the mixture in a blender or use an immersion blender and mix until smooth.
This recipe was originally published on January 15, 2018 and was updated on June 6, 2019.
Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉 ChiafácilFresamerlada