Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
One of the first meals I learned to cook for my husband was this.
He loves salmon and potatoes and almost 20 years later, nothing has changed.
This foil pack recipe is so easy that even an inexperienced cook will look like a hero and be ready in 30 minutes.
Simply place the thinly sliced potatoes on a mound on a sheet of aluminum foil, top with salmon, olive oil, the juice of one orange and one lemon, seal the foil, and bake. It is an infallible recipe as long as you cut the potatoes very thin so that they cook in the same amount of time that it takes the salmon to cook them.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
The salmon remains so juicy, moist and tender because it is sealed in aluminum foil and the combination of orange and lemon works very well. Potatoes are soft, delicious, and full of flavor because they benefit from cooking underneath the juicy salmon and baked in a bath of olive oil.
Over the years, I've added all kinds of tubers in addition to potatoes, including fennel, carrots, and parsnips, depending on what I have on hand and everything works. This is one of those guaranteed successful meals at my house and they always ask me when I will do it again.
Easy salmon & potato foil packets
- 1 medium potato, cut into very thin slices about 1/16 inch thick, divided
- about 4 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste, divided
- 2 salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 large orange, cut in half
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat oven to 400F. To a 12-inch-long sheet of aluminum foil (I use Reynold's heavy-duty nonstick), add half of the potato slices in a stack in the center of the aluminum foil. Slightly spread the potatoes out for air circulation. Make sure the potatoes are sliced very thin so that they cook in the same amount of time it takes for the salmon to cook.
- Evenly spray the potatoes with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and repeat the process with another sheet of aluminum foil and the remaining potato slices.
- Top each potato stack with 1 salmon fillet.
- Evenly spray each salmon fillet with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Squeeze half the juice from the orange on one salmon fillet and half the juice on the other fillet.
- Squeeze half of the lemon juice on one salmon fillet and half of the juice on the other fillet.
- Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper.
- Seal the foil packages, making sure to tighten the seams tightly so that the olive oil and citrus juices do not drip. Put the packages on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Carefully open a package to verify that the salmon and potatoes are ready and, if necessary, return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until ready.
Averie Cooks recipe. All images and content are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, retype the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post to see the recipe. Thank you.
Maple BBQ Glazed Salmon – The frosting is smoky and sweet with a little heat and makes this easy 15-minute recipe stand out!
<img title = "Maple BBQ Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a little heat and makes this 15-minute recipe stand out!" alt = "Maple BBQ Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a little heat and makes this 15-minute recipe stand out!” width=”630″ height=”925″ data-pin-url=”https://www.averiecooks.com/2014/03/maple-barbeque-glazed-salmon.html” data-jpibfi-indexer=”1″ src=”https://juegoscocinarpasteleria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/1565595407_673_Chile-Salmon-Lima-con-Salsa-de-Mango-y-Aguacate.jpg” class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-46913 lazyload”>
Lemon Honey Glazed Salmon Salad – Topped with a sweet and sour frosting that works like a light and shiny salad vinaigrette! Quick, easy, fresh and healthy! An amazing 15 minute meal!
Easy 15-minute fish tacos with avocado and corn sauce – tons of great flavors in a fast, fresh and healthy meal! A clean eating recipe that tastes like home cooking!
Easy 10 Minute Lemon Butter Grouper Fish Tacos – Quick, Fresh, and Healthy! An easy fish taco recipe that everyone loves! Lemon, buttery fish with honey, mustard and lemon sauce on top. Perfect for busy nights because they are so fast!