Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This store has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Get a quick dinner on the table with this Easy One Pot Mediterranean Chicken Pasta with La Romanalla products from Smart & Final #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
Last weekend, my family went to the Arizona Science Museum courtesy of the Blended Conference. We had such a good time that we are looking to get a family pass for a year!
We went through many of the exhibits on all 3 floors, but towards the end, Abby was a little cranky, making it more of a fast pace. We missed some things and would like to see them again!
As we drove home, I asked Brian to stop at the store so I could pick up something easy for dinner. Being a Sunday, most of the restaurants we passed were crowded and I really didn't feel like trying to find a place to accommodate seven people. It's not easy with a bigger family, let me tell you! We always have to wait, and sometimes it just isn't worth it. We had already had a long day and a child was not cooperating; picking up something on the way home was the easiest solution.
We saw a Smart & Final just off the highway. Brian sat in the truck with the kids while I drove in madly to decide what to do! Pasta always goes well at the Love Bakes Good Cakes house, so I found the hallway with the pasta sauce. I grabbed the few things I needed for dinner, then headed home.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
If you're not familiar with Smart & Final, it's a great place to make a one-stop-shop for everything from products to meats. Smart & Final carries warehouse size items without a club fee, making shopping easier, less expensive, and less daunting to buy than a large department store. Smart & Final is the perfect place to buy all your food, bakery, etc. needs.
Easy One Pot Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
Quick dinner on the table with this Easy One Pot Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
- 2 tablespoons La Romanella pure olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (26 oz.) Romanella Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 3-3 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 package (16 oz.) La Romanella Fusilli Organic
- Add the oil to a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken and garlic. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes. Add green and yellow bell peppers and continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta sauce, 3 cups of water, black olives and pasta. Stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover with a lid and lower the heat to low. Simmer for 9-11 minutes or until pasta is al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Depending on how quickly the pasta cooks, you may need to add more water.
|Amount per proportion||As served|
|Calories 587kcal Calories from fat 190|
|% Daily value|
|Total fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated fat 5g||25%|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 6g||24%|
Daily value percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
All images and texts © Jamie Sherman for © Love Bakes Good Cakes. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link to this post to see the recipe.
Smart & Final will give away 5 $ 500 smart cash cards and 10 $ 100 gift cards to winners. Customers can purchase La Romanella products are eligible to win by entering their code from their receipt on the contest page. The contest will take place from October 1 to 14.
Be sure to follow Smart & Final on Facebook or Twitter
for the latest news, recipes and special offers!
Other publications you can enjoy:
Beefy Sour Cream Baked Noodles
Southwestern Mac Cheese Burger