Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Easy Keto Chicken Green Enchiladas
Easy Keto Chicken Verde enchiladas are low carb, corn free, gluten free, and tortilla free.
These Easy Keto Chicken Verde Enchiladas use slices of chicken meat instead of tortillas, which not only makes it super simple to prepare, but also easier to make than traditional enchiladas.
Sometimes trying to find Mexican food that is keto and a low carb diet can be weirder than seeing a chupacabra.
Then when you finally find a low carb Mexican recipe online that looks good but requires you to make low carb homemade tortillas with hard to find or expensive ingredients.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
I'm introducing the Easy Keto Chicken Verde Enchiladas, which are made with easy-to-find ingredients found in a regular, non-specialty grocery store.
The Hatch Green Chili Enchilada Sauce that I bought from a regular grocery store, and it's also gluten-free and lower in carbohydrates than most brands, if you can't find this brand then you can also use Herdez Salsa Verde and it works well in this recipe too.
My husband and son appreciated the extra meatiness of these enchiladas when using the "meat tortillas".
Useful shots of the recipe process:
Easy Keto Chicken Verde Enchiladas Recipe-
- 6 slices deli chicken meat (medium thickness, not super skinny type and get roasted or smoked variety, not roasted honey)
- 1 ⅓ cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup Hatch Verde Chile enchilada sauce or you can use salsa verde, divided
- 1 cup grated cheese (you can use cheddar, jack, pepper jack or a mixture of all)
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- ½ tablespoon crumbled fresh cheese * optional
- Preheat oven to 400 ℉ (200 ℃) and lightly grease or grease a 9-inch rectangular or oval baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine: shredded chicken and ¼ cup enchilada sauce or salsa verde. Mix to combine.
- Place about 2 ½ tablespoons of the shredded chicken mixture in the center of each slice of meat and roll to close.
- Arrange the rolls seam side down in a saucepan and pour the remaining cup of enchilada sauce over the rolls.
- Sprinkle the grated cheeses over the enchiladas and sprinkle the olive slices on top.
- Place the enchiladas in the oven and bake at 400 ℉ (200 ℃) for 10 minutes. Place under the broiler on low heat for 2 minutes to begin lightly browning the cheese.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with crumbled fresh cheese and serve.
Nutritional facts: Yield: 6 Enchiladas, Servings: 3, Serving Size: 2 Enchiladas, Amounts Per (2 Enchiladas) Serving – Cal: 425, Carbs: 6g, Net Carbs 6g, Fiber: 0g, Fat: 18g, Fat saturated: 9 g, protein: 35 g, sugars: 2 g, sodium: 726 mg
Instant Pot Chicken Sauce Cheese Soup Mexican Chicken Baked Low Carb Low Carb Mexican Pizza Low Carb Mexican Food
CLICK HERE (hover over image to fix)