Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
Creamy spinach is one of the best naturally low-carb vegetable garnishes. Sadly, many restaurants and homemade recipes rely on one trick: thickened milk with flour. But spinach with perfect cream deserves real cream, which is richer, sweeter, and simply better. It takes a little longer, but it's worth it. You can add any number of flavors to this recipe (garlic, tarragon, parmesan), but the simpler may be the better.
Easy creamy spinach from keto
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 2 butter spoons
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallot.
- Sweat the shallot until softened, but not colored, about 4 minutes.
- Add frozen spinach to skillet. Carefully melt the spinach block until it has completely thawed. (Placing a lid on the pan makes it faster. If the shallot becomes too hot and begins to color, add a little water to the pan.)
- Remove the lid and add the thick cream.
- Patiently reduce heat to medium-low, until cream has thickened enough to cover the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
Follow us on PINTEREST!