Do not miss this fantastic recipes of Swiss chard cake Easy and delicious to get a great starter or main course. It is a chard cake without dough that we are going to prepare with crushed sliced bread with other ingredients that will give it a great flavor.
This Swiss chard and cheese cake is ideal for the little ones in the house to eat these vegetables that are loved by some and hated by others. If you do not know how to make a baked chard cake keep reading the steps that we show you in RecetasGratis and you will see how simple they are.
4 diners 1h 30m Starter Low difficulty Additional features: Cheap cost, Baked recipes Ingredients:
- 300 grams of clean chard
- 50 grams of parmesan cheese
- 200 milliliters of milk
- 2 tablespoons fried tomato
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of sliced bread
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
Steps to follow to make this recipe: 1
Microwave Swiss chard for 4 minutes by placing them in a container suitable for this appliance. It is important to cover the container so that they cook to the steam. If you don't have a microwave, check out this other steamed chard recipe.
In a bowl, place the slices of bread and the milk. Let the bread absorb the milk for a few minutes and moisten it.
You can make the homemade sliced bread recipe yourself if you feel like it.
Add the two tablespoons of tomato, the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Shred all the mixture of the chard pie without dough.
Add the two eggs and grind again to integrate them into the mix.
Add the chard to the mixture and mix well. Then pour the Swiss chard and cheese cake mix in a rectangular mold previously lined with baking paper.
Trick: Our mold is about 25 cm long.
Put the chard cake in the oven at 180ºC for 50 minutes and serve it by decorating it with a little homemade tomato sauce, for example. If you liked the recipe for Swiss chard cake, be sure to try this recipe for Swiss chard pudding or this one with Swiss chard dough.
If you liked the recipe of Easy and delicious Swiss chard cake, we suggest you enter our Chard Recipes category.
Swiss chard cake – Tips and tricks
Throughout the recipe we have already shared some very useful tricks to make Swiss chard cake faster, such as cooking Swiss chard in the microwave. Anyway, if you also want to avoid the oven to bake the cake, you have several options:
- You can microwave the Swiss chard cake introducing the mixture in a suitable container for it. The cooking time is usually 15 minutes at maximum power, but everything will depend on your type of microwave, so we advise you to watch it.
- You can too bake the chard cake in a water bathAlthough this method will not save you time because it will take 45-50 minutes anyway.
In addition to the previous tricks, we want to share some recommendations to experiment and try different versions of this same recipe:
- You have the option of make a chard and zucchini cake adding half grated zucchini to the mixture.
- Another equally delicious recipe is that of Swiss chard and tuna cake, for which it will only be necessary to add a well drained can of tuna to the mixture.