Discover blue tea or oolong tea and its properties

Hello Cocinacas! Did you know that among the different types of tea one is mentioned blue tea or oolong tea? It is not one of the best known and that is why we want to talk today about its properties and its many benefits.

Tea is part of our nutrition section because it is one healthy and balanced dietit is just as important to eat and exercise healthy as it is well hydrated. And a good way to achieve this is by drinking water through tea.

Until now, we have talked about the properties of red tea, green tea and its benefits, and black tea as one of the fashionable drinks. The tea supply does not stop there, however. To complete the list of the five most popular, we need to mention two more, the white tea and blue tea or oolong tea. They all have common properties and advantages, such as their stimulating power or their preventive effect against diseases, but it is the differences that characterize them.

We will start by telling you where blue tea or oolong tea comes from, then we will take a closer look at its properties and we will end with a curiosity that will catch your attention.

Blue tea, also known as oolong tea or Champagne tea, it has been origin in China. It can be said to be a tea halfway red and green due to the semi-fermentation process. In this case it is a tea that rusts.

Contains one low level of theine and it is bad digestion to enjoy after meals. In addition, it is a tea that can be infused several times to appreciate its nuances. Notable for its various flavors and aromas, including a light natural flavor walnut.

8 benefits of blue tea or oolong tea

Drink blue tea or oolong tea

It is an antioxidant drink

It is distinguished by its high antioxidant power, which benefits the immune system. It is attributed to the high presence of catechins in the composition. These substances are flavonoids and have a great ability to protect cells and slow down aging.

Prevents cancer and helps lower cholesterol

Due to the catechins we talked about in the previous point, this type of tea helps to lower cholesterol.

Maintains the cardiovascular system and regulates the sugar level

Catechins also help improve blood pressure and lower blood sugar, limiting the effects of diabetes. In the latter case, keep in mind that tea is just a supplement, not a medicine.

Helps lose weight and is a diuretic

It also works as a fat burner. When you take it, it prevents your body from absorbing all the fats you eat and even helps to remove fat from the body.

Protects the liver

If you have to take care of the liver because of your health, blue tea will prevent you from getting a fatty liver.

Provides vitamins and minerals

These help you maintain a good condition of the skin.

The reason why this tea is not as well known as the other four is because Asia only exports 5% of its production to the rest of the world. The other 95% markets it within their own country.

As a final note and curiosity, we would like to tell you that although it is called blue tea, the color obtained is not if not because the dry leaves they have a reflection very similar to blue.

Have you ever seen this type of tea in your regular store? Tell us if this is your first time hearing about it or if you've been lucky enough to try it outside of Asia.

If you want to know more, we will tell you about the use of tea in the kitchen, since it is not only used as a drink.

We will be returning very soon with more recipes and gourmet curios.

Until the following kitchens!

Nutrition

0 Compartir