Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
A quick and easy chocolate dessert recipe, dark chocolate is melted and then sprinkled with chopped nuts, dried cherries, and sea salt. Your family will love this dark chocolate bark recipe!
If you love the combination of dark chocolate and sea salt as much as I do, look no further than this quick and easy chocolate crust recipe! It literally takes a few minutes and the end result is an absolute spectacle.
To start, you'll want to melt your favorite dark chocolate in a double boiler. Don't be intimidated by technique. It simply means that you are going to simmer a couple of inches of water in a saucepan and then place a metal or glass container on top to gently melt the chocolate without burning it.
Once the chocolate is smooth and creamy, simply pour it onto a large bread pan lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Then cut a bunch of nuts and dried cherries to sprinkle over the melted chocolate. Not a fan or dried cherries? Try dried apricots instead. Do you prefer almonds or cashews? Go right ahead.
Do you want to add a pinch of cinnamon or cayenne? Be my guest. As always, this is just a method, not a specific science or formula.
Follow us on PINTEREST!
The best part? This tasty little treat is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, protein, and fiber. You will notice that there is no corn syrup, butter, or refined sugar in sight.
Your friends are waiting for you.
Dark chocolate bark with sea salt and cherries
A quick and easy chocolate dessert recipe, dark chocolate is melted and then sprinkled with chopped nuts, dried cherries, and sea salt.
Preparation time: 1 hour 20 minutes Cook time 6 minutes Total time 1 hour 26 minutes
Servings30 Calories 115kcal
- 14 ones of dark chocolate (70% or more)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries (chopped)
- 4 pieces of crystallized ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with foil or a silpat and place it in the freezer to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine walnuts, cherries, ginger, and sea salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place it in a double boiler or heat resistant container over boiling water. Stir frequently with a rubber spatula until chocolate is completely melted, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add half of the fruit and nut mixture and then spread on a cold baking sheet. Use the spatula to shape a rough rectangle.
- Sprinkle the remaining fruit and nut mixture and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Let cool completely, at least 60 minutes, then break into pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in a Zip-loc bag in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.1g | Protein: 1.7g | Fat: 8.2g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 45mg | Fiber: 1.1g
Interested in more desserts and baked goods inspo? Check out my Pinterest board!
cherries chocolate crust navy black