Did you find this post helpful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN in its blog board in Pinterest. 😉
This week we have partnered with Diabetes Ireland to share with you one of their own recipes: crusted cod, many more of which can be found on their website.
This crusted cod recipe is perfect for anyone on one of our weight loss programs here at Motivation. If you're on the accelerator plan, just toss aside the crust and trade in free seasonings like chili, garlic, and ginger.
Serve this fish with a free vegetable salad at lunchtime or some new potato and steamed vegetables for a bigger meal.
It serves: 4 4
Follow us on PINTEREST!
Restricted vegetables 1/4
* 4 cod fillets, about 480 g / 17 oz.
* 2 slices of whole wheat bread, grated into crumbs, about 60 g / 2 oz.
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 heaping teaspoon dried parsley
* 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
* A little lemon juice or grated zest to taste
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Preheat oven to 180 ° C / 350 ° F / Gas Mark 4
* Clean and prepare fish. Dry on kitchen paper.
* Mix breadcrumbs, chopped onion, parsley, salt, and pepper in small bowl
* Heat the oil and stir in the crumb mixture. Finally, add a little lemon peel or juice
* Place 4 fillets on a greased plate, skin side down and carefully fill on each fillet
* Flatten well and cover with the other four fillets
* Cover with aluminum foil
* Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the fish.
* Carefully lift fish onto hot serving plate
The post Crusted Cod first appeared on Motivation Weight Management.